Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

Naji - I need your help here.

Guest Heather 636

Hi NajiI just installed BFU North (and here I thought I had all of the Alaska files-it was mixed with my Washington ones)Some of the buildings are white.I know that in the "Read Me" it said that i would need airport textures from flightsim.com which would be fine but no matter how much I try, I can never get in there.Now, be a nice gentleman as you always are and come to my rescue.Please.HeatherThe propeller is there to keep the pilot cool. Think not? Watch how much you sweat when it stops unexpectedly. ;) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d18e8077527c2cb.jpg

Guest Lindy

Heather.... I'm not Naji, but I think I have those textures and should be able to shoot them out to you. But you'll have to give your e-mail address. I was lucky..... when I went to flightsim.com to get that file, I was able to get right in. I had to re-register but I got right in. Haven't had any such luck since. -Lindy :-rotor -in-waiting

Guest Heather 636

Thanks sis! Email addy on the way.Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

I've got the Nova files. Everything so far works fine, with exception of BFU North.Perhaps the Nova files are in the wrong folder?Heather

I think there are 3 sets of Nova files. You have them all? If yes, then it can be the Airport texture files as well..... those are mentioned in Naji's readme file. :-outta Francois :-wave

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest Lindy

Francois....I'm sending her the airport textures she needs. They are on their way even as I'm typing. Heather.....besides the 3 Nova sets, you also need the NovaGold for the Avsim Base. If you need those too, let me know. But you can get those easily from the fsnova website (as I'm sure you know). I don't know exactly what the NovaGold textures DO in the Avsim scenery because the scenery appeared to be working just fine for me w/o them. But I d/l 'd 'em and installed them as well. -Lindy :-wave

Hi, Heather. I see Lindy already attended to the request.For BFU North you only need Airport textures. For AVSIM Base you need the rest: the 3 basic Nova textures and the NovaGold. The latter is only for the large hangars in the base."..probably already in bed with his gmax manual..":-lol :-lol Actually today is the first day in a long time that I haven't touched my gmax books. The reason? I've got me a new love: Trainz, and I am reading its small manual. You should see how aghast my wife looked when she saw I'm starting to read about a new sim. She knows what happens when I get interested enough to start reading the manual :-lol

Guest Lindy

Has anyone reported any problems re the Avsim Base scenery? Specifically I had a float plane at the dock (the default water strip) prior to takeoff. I went into spot view and panned clockwise around the plane. As I got about halfway around (the viewpoint now appeared to be from the road, and the plane was hidden behind some buildings) I got a crash error from FS!...... and the plane was just sitting there bobbing lazily in the water. This has happened to me twice. Has anyone else reported it? Thought I'd mention it to you. -Lindy :-wave

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Lindy!The airport files did the trick!Still can't get over the great work you do Naji. Now, if I could only stay away from this forum and stop tinkering with fresh installs of every thing I can get my hands on, I'd really like to learn how to do this too.I've got a mental picture of a nice backwater Alaskan lake somewhere with a nice lodge, Heather's Bar & Grill, Heather's Gun & Tackle (where life is a .30 caliber bore), all the sundry outbuildings, maybe even a cozy looking cottage off to the side with a "red lantern" hanging by the door. Hmmm, wonder why all the BFU planes tie up to THAT dock?One of these days. I need to clone myself, not enough time in the day for one of me. But then, I don't know if you all could survive two of me. ;)Cheers!Heather

Hi, Lindy. This is a first. Are you in a default plane or an addon? If an addon, could you switch to a default (the Caravan) and see if you get the same thing? Post back here or email me if the problem persists.

"..But then, I don't know if you all could survive two of me.."LOL... and thank you Heather!

Guest Lindy

I was in an add-on..... and if it makes any difference, this was before installing the NovaGold textures that I had left out of the Avsim scenery. I don't know how that would be pertinent, but figured I'd give you all the info.I'll try the Caravan and let you know what happens. Thanks.-Lindy :-wave

Guest Lindy

I couldn't recall exactly which add-on I was using at the time of the problem. It was either the deHaviland Beaver or Otter. So I tried each model of each floatplane I have. Everything appears to be working fine now. Possibly it could have been a texture problem??Anyway...... sorry I bothered you about it. -Lindy :-wave