Sign in to follow this  

FS2.2k video recorder

Hi all, I was under the impression that in FS98/FS2000 that when u recorded a video at at 5 sec intervals, it gave u a much larger file size, but much better playback quality. I used the recorder in FS2.2 for the first time yesterday, and did a bad landing (well half off and half on the runway) but when I played it back it played back at 100 miles an hour. Is there a fix for this...Thanks ChrisOh P.S, The reason I landed half on, half off the runway is that the VFR panel on the particular aircraft/panel I was using, means I carnt see what I am landing on. I seem to remember on FS98. you could lean down on the POV hat swiech a touch, and it bought the runway into view. Is there any adjustments I need to do to the aircraft/panel so I can see where I am landing :-)

The number of seconds is actually akin to a sample rate.... Aircraft state data is sampled at that number of seconds.... 5 seconds yields a much lower playback resolution than 1 sec... But 2k2 videos have never worked that well, regardless of sample rate. They tend to stutter much more, and they are larger in file size than FS2000/FS98 vids... I've also seen odd problems like yours.... I've just given up on them altogether, as they seem buggy to me compared to prior FS versions and I didn't use them that much anyway.... For your second question... Shift/Enter will adjust your pov so you can see more of the runway, while Shift/Backspace will do the opposite. Pressing the spacebar will reset your pov....-John

Thanks John for that info. Well that is a pity about the videos, as I had no trouble in FS98 or 2000 at all, as far as actual playback speed. Thanks also for the info on the POV trick, at least my passengers will have half a chance next time :-) Cheers Chris