Sign in to follow this  
EHE

ATC calls me Beech Beech 1900

Hi all,I have been tweaking my aircraft.cfg file for the great Beech 1900D. Two of the lines now read:atc_type=BEECHatc_model=B190Should be correct, yes :-hmmm However, ATC now calls me "... is type Beech Beech 1900". That is one Beech too many ;-)Anyone knows a solution to this :-zhelpEric Heerkens

Hey Eric,Change to this:atc_type=SILENTYou could just leave the entry blank, but, I always enter "SILENT" as a flag that I myself made the change. This will remove thw first "Beech" from ATC's calls.There are a few a/c in FS that ATC calls this way, the E145 being another example.Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Brian,Thank you very much. That did the trick. Guess I'm still learning every day ;-)Eric Heerkens

Guest racartron

Are y'all sure the second Beech isn't really something else :-roll -------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Actually, sir, I am quite sure.Any particular reason you asked ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

With my 1900, ATC doesn't call it anything. I get a blank spot in the message when ATC is talking about my plane, such as "traffic is ,report it in sight" or something like that.KP

Ken,Check the .cfg file for your 1900, under the GENERAL section, and make sure you have the entries referenced in Eric's original post.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Thanks Brian. The default install didn't put those entries in. It had BEECH AIRCRAFT for the manufacture and nothing for the type. I'll change it and see if that helps.Thanks!KP