Sign in to follow this  
Guest 160732

will a newer video card help

Guest 160732

I have a P4 1.6 GHz and GF 4 TI 4200. My fps are from 8-14 and I have long loading times, often also when I shift from cockp. to spot.Will a GF FX 5950 ULTRA help or maybe 6800 GT.Ole

The first thing if I were in your shoes is I would upgrade your CPU I am running a 4200 and I am getting framerates locked at 29 with max mesh and clouds plus 100% traffic. The 1.6 just isn't doing it and FS9 is a CPU hog.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest Erups

I second Geremy, get a new cpu first.Claudio

Guest Buck Bolduc

I third Geremy.With the A64-3400 I get 60 FPS no problem.Regards

Guest ba747heavy

I fourth Geremy.

Guest Nickman

Since the vidoe card and CPU work together, usually the higher the CPU the better. I would go with the CPU since it's cheaper than buying a $400 graphics card. Although upgrading both would give you even better performance than the graphics card alone, go with the CPU first and see if you should really buy such an expensive video card. I know you can get a Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz for around $200, or upgrade it to a 3.0 or 3.2 for around $250 - $350 (depending on hyper threading). But, of course, when you upgrade your CPU, usually you will need to buy a new motherboard to support the higher speeds, and possibly a new case.Nick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2