Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

VC gauge refresh rates

Guest Erups

I have an ATI 9600pro, and i confirm the VC FPS is stuck at 2.Now i have to try to modify the value and restart FS.Edit: stuck at 2 also after FS restart.Claudio

Guest Paragon

Funny you guy's should mention it. Yesterday I was tinkering with the VC gauge FPS slider, but didn't notice any difference in "fluidity". I did however notice a sharp drop in my flying FPS, which is kind of strange.-Mikkel

Yes, I have a very high end system with an ATi9800Pro card and get the horrid 2 frames a sec on the gauges as well in VC...smooth as silk though in 2D. It sucks but I don't think PMDG can do anything about it. I think it is an ATI problem. Anyone using the latest drivers to see if that helps?

Eric 

Guest mrpc

I posted a while back a question regarding VC gauge update rates - on my computer with the 600/700 the gauge rates were poor, about 2-4 fps even with the VC slider cranked right up (but with an overall sim rate of 15-29fps). I had a reply saying this is due to ATI cards and will be fixed in the 800/900 update.However, I have purchased the update, but the problem is still there, and takes the fun out of flying the VC. However,the 2D gauges update perfectly.Is this solely down to my ati9200? If so , I think it makes a good excuse to upgrade to a 9800pro or equiv nvdia! I'd like to hear what other peoples gauge update rates are, both ati and nvdia.It's a shame, as the VC looks excellent and more immersive than the 2D panel!Thanks for your help, Matt Crowe(PC = 3ghz with HT, 1024ram, ati9200)

Hello Captains.When testing the PMDG 737-800/900 Upgrade, we discovered that refresh rates for VC gauges had improved significantly on those of us who had ATI cards installed in our machines. Refresh rates for Nvidia cards seemed to be uneffected.The refresh rates for the 600/700 however will remain poor, until a 6700 model patch is released for owners of the 800/900 in the near future.The refresh rate problem in the VC does not seem unique to the PMDG 737. The more gauges that are loaded into the VC, it seems the worse the refresh rate is for each gauge, as it appears that MSFS refreshes each one in sequence. Unfortunately (or fortunately.. depending on how you look at it) the VC in the PMDG 737 has a LOT of gauges.The problems seem VERY dependant on individual systems and configurations. For example, on my personal test machine (P4 3.4 HT, ATI 9800 XT w/256 MB, 1 Gig RAM) I don't have much of a problem, but obviously, some of our users do, and we will continue to do our best to optimize performance.In the mean time, for those of you who have some problems, try reducing a few sliders (no point in generating autogen at 30,000 feet).. it can help quite a bit.Also, check that all your drivers are updated for your sound card, video card, etc..We have also discovered through doing support that certain USB devices actually have a significant effect on frame rates overall. One user had an old Sidewinder joystick installed, and when he unplugged it, the sim ran smooth as glass.Experiment with your own systems. As soon as the 600/700 Model Patch is ready (for owners of the PMDG 737800/900 Upgrade), we will, of course, let you all know!Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg