Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

RNW/CRS Error in FMC

I would like to apologise if this had mentioned before.Yesterday doing the first flight with the 800 I come across the following situation. I was approaching UUEE for landing at rnw 07R. Acordign my charts I have a 066 CRS for the ILS on that rnw. But when the ILS become active I got a RNW/CRS message at the FMC. The engines started to spool and the a/c started to climb, something like a G/A situation.Same think has happened to a fellow flight simer landing at LGAV using the SID/STAR written by me.I narrowed the problem to the following.The charts are giving a x CRS for exmple UUEE 066 BUT Navdata data i.e DAFFIF give a crs which is different by one degree for UUEE 067 which I think causes the problem.Is there any work Around or maybe to remove this feature from the FMC? I mean I fly using up to date charts for the airports so these diferences causing slight problems.Thx in AdvanceChris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Balrog

Chris, same thing is happening to me at a lot of airports.Thinking out loud here, in the wpnavapt file in the FMCWP/NAVDATA folder I find this column for UUEE0 07R: UUEE07R12139067Could it be that the three last digits are the RWY heading as known to the FMC? If so, edit? Haven`t got time to try it myself, just browsing the forum, going away on business tomorrow - no flying for me for almost a week....In the PERF INIT page on the FMC, once you`ve set up the approach and RWY you`ll find the ILS freq and heading, if what`s in the CRS window doesn`t match, you`ll get the error message. Guess the FMC takes the heading from this file?I also get the error message when shooting an offset approach, ENBO 25 has a RWY heading of 265 degrees, but the ILS is 265 degrees, guess if I change the digits for ENBO25 accordingly the RWY would shift as well.Will watch this space for good answers!Cheers,Kjell.

Guest Balrog

Hmmm.. too late to edit, didn`t know about that one...Anyway, in my above post re RWY 25 at ENBO, the correct RWY HDG is 256, ILS 265 - sorry about that.Kjell.

>FMCWP/NAVDATA folder I find this column for UUEE0 07R: >UUEE07R12139067>>Could it be that the three last digits are the RWY heading as>known to the FMC? If so, edit? That's correct these trhee figures are the RNW HDG, But to edit these figures in almost all the airpot someone flies is pain in...Plus these must be corrected again with the next AIRAC.I ll post also in Steffan forum. He maybe can find a solution.Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

This is correct. For approach one must set the MCP CRS window to match the ILS FMC information. It's just a reminder but if you were following the proper checklists you would NEVER see this message ;-)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Kjell,".. Anyway, in my above post re RWY 25 at ENBO, the correct RWY HDG is 256, ILS 265.."This is correct according to charts, and even the FS Map tells so. BUT, if you take a look in FsNav f.ex. the ILS heading is 268 (this comes from the file in ..Scenery/EURW/scenery/AP951080.BGL). This mismatch will occur due to use of different databases (FS, Navdata, add-on sceneries etc).I don' think think it will help to edit the rwy heading in wpnavapt file, the ILS heading is hardcoded into the bgl files. So the simple solution is to do what Randy says, stick with the heading from the ILS FMC info. You will see the hdg on the PFD when you have dialed in the ILS frequency, use this hdg in the course selector.