Sign in to follow this  
Guest paveodie

Question from the village idiot

Guest paveodie

I first want to say great job to PMDG for their product! Your time and effort in creating it shows. Since purchasing the 737NG, I've spent many hours not just flying, but enjoying the learning (fustration?) of the complexity of their creation. But I (the village idiot) seemed stumped and I'm sure it's something obvious.I run the checklist and usually bring the bird up from a cold start. When on the ground, any time the N1 is increase above 50%, I hear a beeping warning horn. This includes on takeoff with manual throttle or when I punch the TOGA button. Once I break ground, it stops. I have been through the documentation and flipped every switch, button, knob and dial in an attempt to find what is causing the warning.Originally, I thought it might be a "hey stupid, too much throttle while taxiing" warning...but it does it on takeoff.Any help so I can get back to my village is appreciated.Trevor ODay

Guest MeltedPixel

This is telling you, "Dude, slow down!". On the ground you should never increase N1 above 50%, unless you are on take off. To get the plane rolling you should be at around 30%, then 25%-30% for the rest of taxing. I personaly stay at 24%. Keeps me running along at 20-24 KTS ground speed.Now about take off. To get rid of this warning you need to add flaps. 5 degrees is what I use 99% of the time. Once you add 5 or more degrees of flaps you will not hear this warning. Now if you just want to taxi fast, I do not suggest dropping the flaps coming in. If you pull up to the gate with'em down they'll take it as a sign that you want armed forces meeting you there :)

Guest paveodie

Why would I need armed forces when I can now carry a .357 magnum? Scarry thought.At first I thought it was a "heads up" for throttle position on ground while taxiing. And, indeed, I thought it would go away with the flaps set for takeoff...but it doesn't. So that's what's got me a little perplexed.Trevor

Guest MeltedPixel

Thats odd, works here!

Guest Philip Olson

Well if you set your flaps before you start taxi the warning should not sound, at least that is how it works for me. If you do indeed have the flaps deployed and the warning is sounding then there is some sort of problem that I can not help you with, sorry.Good luck!Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest kiwidave

Is your trims set for takeoff. ie elevator in green band. This warning is takeoff confgiuration warning. Someting is not set for takeoffDave

It might also be that you dont have your auto-brakes at RTO????Not sure if it will yell at you for that thought :)

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest Paul Heaney

If the Brakes are NOT set to RTO, the Aircraft won't YELL at you for that. FYI.

One other item is having the parking brake set. Brakes OFF when advancing the throttles..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Trevor,Any chance you armed the Spoilers? If you arm them on the ground they will deploy and make the Take off very difficult (and sound the Take off warning. Conditions for putting out the T/O warning are1) Flaps in Take Off Range2) Stab Trim in Green band3) Parking Brake released4) Spoilers stowedRegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

"It might also be that you dont have your auto-brakes at RTO????"As stated by others, this is not something which will trigger the Takeoff Config Warning. Is there some documentation out there saying it should...? If so, it should be amended to prevent further confusion ;-)Cheers.Ian.

Guest paveodie

Hmmm some more info here and hopefully some help from the community. If I use the pmdg versions of the 737 I do not get the horn. Only when I use the SW 737s (so far). I have used the same configuration (flaps 5/spoilers down/brakes off/trim set IAW FMC) on the pmdg and SW livery but only the SW versions give me the takeoff config horn.Some other puzzling items: The spoiler's should deploy/retract with the "/" key and arm with "shift-/". I have confirmed them in the key settings also. The shift-/ key doesn't arm them but deploys them and anytime they're deployed I get the "spoiler arm" light in the cockpit. If I manually move them to the arm position I get no light. This happens in all versions. Anyone else have this problem?Trevor