Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

Custom waypoints

Guest Erups

On manual section 8 page 32 i read"along track waypoints are entered using the following format:FFF/#DD"Where FFF is fix id#is eighter + or - depending on needDD is distance in nm.But such an entry is not accepted in my FMC :(It keeps telling me "invalid entry".Is it really simulated? If so where am i doing wrong?ThanksClaudio

Guest tmetzinger

>On manual section 8 page 32 i read>"along track waypoints are entered using the following>format:>FFF/#DD">>Where FFF is fix id>#is eighter + or - depending on need>DD is distance in nm.>>But such an entry is not accepted in my FMC :(>It keeps telling me "invalid entry".>Is it really simulated? If so where am i doing wrong?>Thanks>ClaudioIt normally takes them, but there are some exceptions.The best way to enter them is to LSK the waypoint, then add the /#DD.If you can give more details, I think we can help you out.

Guest Erups

>If you can give more details, I think we can help you out.Round robin lira lira, dep rwy 15, URB5A as sid (i think that's wrong, it banks left, while in reality left turn on 15 t/o is mandatory).After that, i tried to enter URB/+15 to set an on track fix.Refused.So i tried with -15 out of curiosity, same thing.I thought: "maybe it's because URB is an NDB" and entered CMP (a vor/dme) and tried with it.Same thing: it's refused.I have already tried with downselecting, to no avail.Thank you for your helpClaudio

Guest Erups

>that's wrong, it banks left, while in reality left turn on 15>t/o is mandatory)Right turn is mandatoryClaudio

Claudio,Where did you try to enter it in the legs page? If you did a URB/15 along offset waypoint you should put this modified waypoint on top of the original one, in this case URB.Hope it helps,

Guest Erups

>Where did you try to enter it in the legs page? If you did a>URB/15 along offset waypoint you should put this modified>waypoint on top of the original one, in this case URB.I wanted to go a further 15 miles north.Shouldn't it go AFTER the original USB in the sid?Claudio

If you enter XXX/15 <--- this means 15 miles further. One does not need to use + because lack of - means +.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Erups

>Shouldn't it go AFTER the original USB in the sid?:-lolURB -> URBClaudio

Guest Erups

Anytime i do this (entering in the scratch pad URB/15 and LSK URB), i get a different fix in my ND!Mhh....Claudio

Claudio,I just tried it on the particular navaid, and it workes. Hopefully you'll see the pic here: http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77488.jpgA little OT maybe but in the next pic I've inserted two more wp's to get a smooth track on screen, and a trk according to chart:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77484.jpg1: ROM149/2 (PBD wp)2: OST105/CMP162 (BB wp)The URB02 wp is what I inserted as URB/15 on top of URB. If you try a PBD wp instead of ATW, maybe that will solve it. Try URB299/15 and LSK that on top of URB, 299 is the heading.

Guest Erups

What i have understood about ATW waypoints, is that they are placed the defined number of miles after/before the main fix, and "along the track".So i'm going north, i expect the ATW waypoint to be placed north.Why this is not the case?In this first pic you can see what i thought of seeing, but i obtained by entering urb360/8http://utenti.lycos.it/erupter/pmdg-atw-urb-01.gifHere is what happens if i select urb/8http://utenti.lycos.it/erupter/pmdg-atw-urb-02.gifAt this point i just don't understand :-hmmm

Hi,All I can say it seems you are trying to put an ATW waypoint on a non-existent path. You don't seem to have any waypoint after URB and thus no path and how can you expect the FMC to "know" that you are going north after URB?This also makes sense since when you tell the FMC where to go - i.e. with the URB360/8 wypoint - it works.The ATW waypoint requires a path to be placed on, ok? ;-)Cheers,