Sign in to follow this  

Question About Abrupt Wind Direction Changes

Quite a few times while flying at altitude there will be abrupt wind direction and speed changes that result in sudden overspeed conditions. Occasionally the overspeed is enough to crash the aircraft and reset the sim back to the starting position. I use FS Meteo for real weather and have been very happy with its performance. Are there any suggestions out there for how to reduce the abruptness of these wind direction/speed changes so they can be more gradual and cause less overspeed situations? None of the "Preferences" settings with FS Meteo seem to address this situation exactly.TIA for any suggestions...Dougftp://dmiannay:grace2u@personal.atl.bells...k_Animation.gif

Which aircraft were you flying, and how high were you, and where were you? If you were way up there, I wonder if you were flying close to the jet stream? Or were you flying under or near a tall thunderstorm cloud? How about a squall line in front of a rushing cold front?

Guest gasebah

I have exactly the same prob at higher altitudes. Whenever I fly in the range of another ICAO wether the wind changes are sudden. There are some options in FSMeteo like wind transition and QNH transition, but they all do not seem to work in FS2002. This has nothing to do with the jet stream. I really hoped that FSMeteo can handle that when I bought it. Anyway FSMeteo is a great program I do not want to miss it. If anyone knows a work around fr this (FSUIPC??) please speak up.Cheers,Alex

>I have exactly the same prob at higher altitudes. Whenever I >fly in the range of another ICAO wether the wind changes are >sudden. There are some options in FSMeteo like wind >transition and QNH transition, but they all do not seem to >work in FS2002. This has nothing to do with the jet stream. >I really hoped that FSMeteo can handle that when I bought >it. Anyway FSMeteo is a great program I do not want to miss >it. If anyone knows a work around fr this (FSUIPC??) please >speak up. >>Cheers, >Alex Using the winds page in FSUIPC you can also slow down the transition speeds, this works well for me.Dave A