Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

Graphics messed up after ALT+TAB to Windows

Guest Erups

Usally this happens when there is a videocard issue.Be it some strange driver setting or more common some overclock.I also experienced such problems with AGP set to 8x (now at 4x).Do a check on this, check gpu temperatures, even if ti4800 isn't that much of an oven...BRClaudio

Find it strange though since I like I said haven't changed anything lately, no driver changes, no driver setting changes, no changes with regards to o/c.Anyways, thanks for replying Claudio. Will start digging deeper into this and see what I can find.

Richard Åsberg

Guest Erups

>Find it strange though since I like I said haven't changed>anything lately, no driver changes, no driver setting changes,>no changes with regards to o/c.Sometimes only a couple

:-) Maybe you're right...and maybe it's a sign that it's time to buy a new graphics card fast enough you don't need to o/c it to get a decent framrate.Anyone tried the new Nvidia and ATI cards with the PMDG 737 yet?

Richard Åsberg

Guest Nickman

Before you start buying expensive video cards, uninstall the drivers (or roll back if you have XP), then download the latest from nvidia.comNick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Hi,On two flights in a row now my graphics got all messed up after ALT+TAB'ing out to Windows and then ALT+TAB back to FS again (see attached pic). No matter what I do I can't get any other view after this has happened, all I can do is quit the flight and start all over again.This has never happened to me before, could it be anything with the interim SU that I applied...? Part from that I haven't modified my setup in any other way and like I said - this is all new to me and anything but fun when you're flying online...Anyone have any tips or experienced anything similar?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77372.jpg

Richard Åsberg

I will give it a try when I get home. Have been using a driver set from Omega Corner which has given me much better performance than the Nvidia drivers and until now everything has worked just fine but it's worth a try to see if it makes any difference.

Richard Åsberg

Hi Vin,Maybe I'm a real lucky #### after all ;-)

Richard Åsberg