Sign in to follow this  
Guest woottsbj25

737-600/700 drop on throttle-back

Guest cactuscap

John,>>I believe we're getting into symantics

Guest cactuscap

Vassilis,I apologize for the error.I am not sure that there is a right, or wrong

Guest sj3

Mark: Thanks so much for that description. It sound quite harrowing, to say the least! A couple of quick questons: what was your speed when turning on final? What kind of flaps and gear deployment schedules did you use? Thanks.

RandyPerhaps you should have bailed out of the thread before you got so uptight.Andy b

Guest woottsbj25

Hi everyone,Sorry if I created any argument above!!!!!!!!Just a little information on my approach:Speed was normalI used flaps 30Weight was nearly full load, but well under the max landing weightErm, think thats all I can give you.I am just comparing it to a normal approach in other 737 simulations, that's all. I seem to get the view from these replies that PMDG is correct and that you shouldn't retard power levers until 30 feet off...Regards,Tom WoottonCEO of Air be Virual Airlineswww.airbe.tk

Hi!"what was your speed when turning on final?"Around 350 knots - this was to build off airspeed as fast as possible."What kind of flaps and gear deployment schedules did you use?"Uh, I honestly don't remember! If I recall correctly, I found myself to be a little too high so I extended the gear. I started lowering flaps at around 400 ft and was in landing config by around 80 ft.Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Guest vas_yan

Mark,Wow, I bet you fly for easyjet :-lol Regards,