Sign in to follow this  
Guest woottsbj25

737-600/700 drop on throttle-back

Guest woottsbj25

Hi everyone,I have noticed that when on final approach, if you throttle back at anything more than 30 feet the aircraft just plummets like a stone. On other 737 simulations, Payware and Freeware, I can throttle back at 200 feet and let it glide in.I don't know if this has been posted before...Regards,Tom WoottonCEO of Air be Virtual Airlineswww.airbe.tk

Goes to show you what the others are modelled like eh ;-)?[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest woottsbj25

So I am assuming that it is real that it will drop when throttled back?Thats OK, I was just wondering which was actually real.Regards,Tom WoottonCEO of Air be Virtual Airlineswww.airbe.tk

Guest EDCS

Hello Tom,I dont think this is normal. Check the statement on www.b737.org.uk.I remain a file in the download Section about Landing performance. One statement of an training captain ist, that a firm landing in touchdown zone is a better landing as a soft landing out of the zone and you can read "not to fload the 737". Buy the way, I dont have this problem. Reaching treshold and at 10-15 feet RA turn back the throttles to idle and flare everythink looks normal. I prefer the firm landig.I search for the linkbest regards Stefan

>Buy the way, I dont have this problem. Reaching treshold and>at 10-15 feet RA turn back the throttles to idle and flare>everythink looks normal. I prefer the firm landig.>>I search for the link>>best regards >>StefanStefan, there a huge difference between 10-15ft RA (the right way however) and 200ft RA...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest EDCS

Yes, your right and I don

Guest cactuscap

Randy,>>Goes to show you what the others are modelled like eh ?<

Hey Sean, I might have missed this but how OLD did you say you were so I can reason how someone can make such a claim? I suppose everyone in the world who has not personally done something hands on could possible know anything about a subject. Now that is funny.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest cactuscap

Randy,>>

Guest cactuscap

Tom,>>

Well Sean, I certainly do not wish to provide a grounds for a personality battle but I was suprised at you comment towards me. You are ols enough to know what you were implying towards me. I think if you have issues with what I say then speak clearly about it. I am also old enough to deal with it. "I made no claim just asked a question of how you can be such an authority on everything Boeing, especially the landing; it is you that made the claim when you once again

Guest cactuscap

Randy,>>No product per se was mentioned and I hold to my statement, namely that if you can cut the throttles 200' and glide down like a Cessna then there is something off about the modelling in regards to a 737, one does not need to be a pilot to understand physics here.<

Sean,Jumping in here in defense of Randy for his remarks on the flight model.I will qualify my statements by asking you to have a look at what I do for a living after my signature.First off, you can't compare the gliding characteristics of an airliner in clean configuration at altitude to those of one at flaps 30 and vref+5. I've done more than my fair share of jump seating and have flown the 737-200 flight sim so I have a very good grasp on what's going on. If you are brave (read stupid) enough to pull all your power off at 200' RA at vref+5 then be prepared to exceed the allowable sink rate at touchdown, if that's what one can call it, and maybe even kill somebody. The drag created by the flaps in landing configuration must be offset by use of power until the flare, otherwise you're having a bad day. This is true for the real airplane as well as the FS version.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg