Sign in to follow this  
Guest wtheurer

Using TCAS when flying online with Squawkbox

Guest wtheurer

I have not been able to figure out how to use TCAS when flying online. I am wondering if I dont have something set right? I keep seeing "TCAS Off" while flying. I have downloaded the manual, but I can't figure out how to make it work. Any suggestions?Happy flying...

Guest wtheurer

I did a thread search, and found some talking about a tutorial written by George Morris. I then searched AVSIM's file library for it, but can't find one. Anyone know where I can get the TCAS Tutorial by George Morris?Thanks.

Guest cast1010

PMDG Site, downloads page, documentation.Edit: You know what, I can't find it now neither, I remember I downloaded it from the Documentation downloads or the Miscellaneous downloads, now its not there.Carlos.

Guest ba747heavy

In any case, the summation of the tutorial is as follows:Make sure PMDG sytles menu has FS2004 internal option enabled.Connect to VATSIM via SB and SB RelayOn the radio panel, move the Transponder setting to TA/RAOn the MCP, press the button that says TFC (should be located in the center of a rotary switch)You should see traffic now.

Guest wtheurer

Thanks so much guys. So it looks like I don't need AI Bridge with this then, or do I? I have the pay version of FSUIPC--that all I need?Happy flying!!!

Please sign your posts... then I can continue to answer your question. Rules for the forum.Thank you

Guest ba747heavy

Negative, AI Bridge is not needed, nor is the pay version of FSUIPC.

Guest wtheurer

Sorry George. I guess I didn't realize I forgot to sign the post.Happy Flying...Wayne

No problem Wayne, thanks for following the Forum's rule.As Fred mentioned no need for AIBRIDGE or "Purchased Version" of FSUIPC (still need minimally need freeware version). Although make sure you are using FS Internal mode.