Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bpilot

NEW ILS-Congonhas and Rio

Guest Bpilot

Hello, fellow Captains,a)The S

Hello Sergio,You might want to send an e-mail to Richard Stefan at Navdata. He's the one taking care of the databases for the PMDG navaids. Also note that wihtout any add-on scenery that includes this new ILS it will still lack the ILS even if the navaid database is updated.Cheers,

Guest NAVData

Hi,SBCO & SBRJ have no ILS information in the default FS9 scenery. That

Guest paizinho71

Hello Sergio,There is an available download on flightsim.com as a scenery addon as mentioned, that adds the ILS(20L) frequency for SBRJ. I also have an addon for Congonhas, I believe from flightsim.com also.I have not used it with these birds, but the default I have in the past...which should not matter.Honestly, for SBRJ, I have been practicing the 2R approach in the 600/700 and haven't been instructed to use 20L for landing lately, so I haven't tested it....Or I become chicken and fly to Galeao:-)Haven't put a plane in the bay, yet:-)Check there...you may have to search for them. I can test it tonight and verify...I am sure it's fine.Hope this helps,Ryan Beard,KJAN,SBGL,SBRJ

Guest paizinho71

Hello Sergio,Just tried the downloaded scenery file from flightsim.com for sbrj.This works fine for rwy 20L at sbrj. I have Wonderful Rio 2004 covering this area and wanted to verify that it works....which it does. The Congonhas scenery I downloaded from flightsim.com does NOT have rwy 35L ILS frequency.According to their site, World Sceneries will remake Congonhas, but I haven't been there in a while and don't know the status...other than that, I don't know of any other Congonhas Scenery that has this runway's frequency added.Regards,Ryan BeardKJAN,SGBL,SBRJ

Have you landed at Santos Dumont in the 737-700NG (ala GOL in real life)???Excellent practice!:-) AdamAdam Moorewww.hhuk.netWin XP Pro - Dell Dimension 4500P4 2.54 GHz - 1GB RAMHightech Radeon 128MB 9800Pro IceQ19" CRT 1600x1200 @ 100hzAudiophile 24/96FS2004 + UK2000 1/2/3/4/5/6/EGLL PROUK VFR 1/2/3/4Ultimate VFR : RealAir SF-260Ultimate IFR : PMDG 737-700NGUltimate FUN : RealAir Decathlon

Guest paizinho71

Hi Adam,Yes, I have..in the 600 also, but only after looking/studying the approach. When first flying the 700, I took many "drinks" on take-off and many aborts...now, no problem with take off.....yet:-).However, I am still always nervous when instructed to come in on 2L...or practice it(mostly this case). But it's soooo cool...makes me appreciate more every time, the work put into these products for our education/enjoyment!! Oh, just for fun, I tried to take-off using the 800, took a drink:-)...600/700s only:-)...well didn't try full flap on the 800:-|..hmmmOn a real 737-400, I have come in on and departed on 20L...so beautiful, especially leaving from 20L. Not had the pleasure of coming in on 2R, yet...my wife knows this experience, though:-)Regards,Ryan BeardKJAN,SBGL,SBRJ

Hi RyanDo you have the "Just Planes" DVD on GOL? Some excellent landings at Santos Dumont. I have installed the WOnderful Rio scenery and it looks even more impressive coming over the roadbridge onto 20L..Am flying to Brazil next year to fly myself around - hoping to hire an aircraft at Santos Dumont to do it for real!CheersAdamAdam MooreJAR PPL (A)Win XP Pro - Dell Dimension 4500P4 2.54 GHz - 1GB RAMHiTech Radeon 128MB 9800Pro IceQ19" CRT 1600x1200 @ 100hzAudiophile 24/96FS2004 + UK2000 1/2/3/4/5/6/EGLL PROUK VFR 1/2/3/4Ultimate VFR : RealAir SF-260Ultimate IFR : PMDG 737-700NGUltimate FUN : RealAir Scout

Guest paizinho71

Hi Adam,Very funny you should ask! Just ordered that very DVD this week(Mon or Tues)!! I love WR2004 scenery..it's come far from WR2000. Many times I load it and fly patterns around SBRJ or SBGL...or commuter hop to SBGR. I'm currently flying the 600/800 around Brasil to various cities...dreaming about being there for real:-)I am planning to go there in real life for Christmas, but the fares might be as high as the cruising alt for an SR-71:-( We'll see...Wow, would love to fly around the city in real life. Let me know how that comes along.Cheers,Ryan BeardKJAN,SBGL,SBRJrcristovo@hotmail.com

Guest Bpilot

Guys,I'm very happy that my simple comment raised so many chats.Actually, I have Congonhas 35L, from the same makers of Rio's, flightsim.com. It helps.As to landing in Rio 2R, the real guys make a procedure like that:- Fly over downtown and than next to shore;- When you have the Sugar Loaf in sight, make a VERY ABRUPT turn to the left, and loosing altitude; your wheels almost touch the Sugaar Loaf;- With luck, you will be facing 2R.I do it in real life about once a week.Regards from BrazilBPilot

Guest Bpilot

Richard,Could not agree more. No way one can keep pace with all the add-ons...By the way, what's wrong with Schipol? RWs 18R and 18L are not there! There's 19L (Visual) and 19R, ILS.When I approached 18R, I saw no RW, as marked on the NDU. Turned back and tried 19R and it was there in MSFS. FMC disconnected...Do take a look.Regards from Brazil.BPilot

Guest NAVData

Hi Sergio,download the latest sid-star file of EHAM from the NAVData-Service homepage. There you find the procedures for 18L/R ... in the current cycle, there are only 18 and not 19er therefor (under normal case) it