Sign in to follow this  
MichaelDay

are there PMDG keyboard assignments for the Com radio

Hello PMDGI want to be able to manually tune the frequency of the PMDG Com radios without using the mouse, to try to make things a little more realistic in all the frequency switching between different controllers in VATSIM flights.I've got a registered version of FSUIPC, and I'm trying to use FSUIPC key programming to get keyboard control for tuning the Com radios. The native controls available through the FSUIPC key programming allows me to make keyboard changes to the standby frequency (left) side of both the PMDG COM1 and COM2 radios, and control the swap button for both radios. But there doesn't seem to be any keyboard programming controls available in FSUIPC that can be used to change the active frequency (right) sides of the COM1 and COM2 radios in the PMDG 737 radio panel. Has PMDG made keyboard assignments for these COM radio active frequency knobs? or know of any alternative way of getting some keyboard control of these COM radio active frequency knobs?I posted a question about this to Peter Dowson's support forum, and we had the following thread on this topic: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?p=137284#137284Without having controls available for the PMDG radio active frequency knobs, it seems that my one option for FSUIPC keyboard control of the PMDG com radios is to ALWAYS use the radio's standby frequency side for communication with controllers, and use the swap button control to toggle the radio temporarily over to the active frequency side, while I make my next controller com frequency change on to the standby frequency side, and then use the swap button control to make the radio go back to using standby frequency side for communication. This is a little frustrating. Have I made some mistake?Help!Regards, Mike Day

Guest Erups

In this place, the variables are FS standard.That means you can use offsets034e035003523118311a311c311e3120No need for pmdg keyb commands, just use standard fsuipc facilities.BRClaudio

ClaudioThanks for this quick reply. I've not used offsets before in FSUIPC. Can you help me a little. I've looked at Peter's FSUIPC user guide, but it isn't obvious to me where and how I use these offsets you've provided to get access to keyboard controlling these Com radio active rfrequency knobs.Are these offset values go in as parameters on the Keys page of the FSUIPC option and settings? or do I need to manually need to put them in my FSUIPC config file?I'll try experimenting, but I'd really appriciate your help with this.ThanksMike Day

Guest Erups

MhhhUnfortunately i didn't find a way to use offsets directly via fsuipc.Those are provided for a more hardcore use of the dll.If you plan to use fsbus,epic,iocards, or whatever; they have easy access to offsets.I posted to your simflight forum thread too.

Guest Erups

>Unfortunately i didn't find a way to use offsets directly via>fsuipc.Luckily for you, i was in error :)Head over to the simflight forum.All you need to use this is to read the docs.Unfortunately i can't be of much help, because this particular facility, i've never used.BRClaudio