Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

Roll Sound

Hi everyone,I have noticed that the rolling sound while both taxing and takeoff cannot be heard on my rig. I can here the "thump" when I touchdown, but then hear nothing else on the rollout. Am I missing a wav file, I have checked the folder and I do have the wav files. Here is what is in the -700 sound folder:[GROUND_ROLL]filename737rollflags=135380minimum_volume=10000maximum_volume=12000minimum_speed=3maximum_speed=100minimum_rate=0.5maximum_rate=1.5link=GROUND_ROLL1[GROUND_ROLL1]filename=737rollflags=135380 Any idea on why I can't here this play on landing roll?CheersBob Johnson

Hi Richard,Thanks for the tip, where did you put that file in the PMDG sound folder or in the FS9 sound folder? I have downloaded that file and it does sound good when I click the wav, however I have not heard it in the PMDG -800 yet. Tell me what you did to your PMDG sound.cfgThanksBob

Hi Bob,The soundfile should go into your FS9 sound folder (be sure to make a backup of the original one first) and my PMDG ground roll sections in sound.cfg look like this:[[GROUND_ROLL]]filename=bnrollflags=125218minimum_volume=6000maximum_volume=12000minimum_speed=3maximum_speed=130minimum_rate=0.40maximum_rate=2.00[[GROUND_ROLL1]]filename=bnrollflags=135380

Richard Åsberg

Thanks Richard,going to go fly now will give it a "roll" LOLThanksBob

Wishing you a good roll as well as a good flight Bob :-) Think you'll like the new ground roll sound...;-)

Richard Åsberg

Richard it was so improved, thanks a million buddy, that is what I was looking for so much improved. The PMDG team should add this to the build, really impressive.ThanksBob

Glad to hear that Bob and I agree, the ground roll sound after adding this is very good!Happy flying (and rolling ;-) ) Bob

Richard Åsberg