Sign in to follow this  
Guest EDCS

Problems with Flap 1 takeoff 737-700

Guest EDCS

Yesterday I prepared for a short german domestic flight from EDDM (Munich) to EDDT (Berlin-Tegel). So low on weight and with a runway lenght over 10000 feet I set the aircraft for Flap 1 takeoff performance. Approaching the runway and move the throttles forward to set takeoff thrust the takeoff warning horn starts peep peep. So I checked the aircraft setup, but everythink looks normal. FMC programmend to Flap 1, trim o.K., FMC calculated speeds crosschecked with performanse charts.Whats going wrong?Best regards Stefan

My guess would be that you inadvertently had the air brakes armed.Paul Croft10 miles SE of EGLL

If I remember correctly the horn sounds until flaps 5 is set. Bye, Luca

Guest EDCS

Hello Paul,thanks for reply. No, air brakes inadvertently not armed. But I will try it agein. Stefan25 miles SW of EDDT ;-)

Guest EDCS

Hi Luca,with flaps 5 no warning is correct. But takeoff with flaps 1 is a normal takeoff performance for the 737. Look at Bil Bulfer

Guest CFM56_5b

Did you perhaps have parking brake on while setting TO thrust?Just a tought :)Aleksandar the Kerosene sniffer

Guys,I usually take off with flaps 1 in the -600 and -700 and don't get the warning horn so it's not the flaps!Cheers,

Guest EDCS

Noooo----but the Sidewindow is open:D

Guest EDCS

Hi Mats,dont now whats going wrong yesterday, now everythink works perfect.....I have done some takeoff runs with flaps 1. No Problems.Best regardsStefan

Guest CFM56_5b

Hmmm, or you forgot to turn off your owen at your home :)

Guest nandrzej

HelloDid you mean the airbraks were not armed, or the air brakes had not been armed and then disarmed before takeoff.I read somewhere that if the airbrakes lever had been moved at any time before take off that the horn would sound. I kept getting the horn because I kept grabbing the airbrakes lever everytime I tried to move the throttle quadrant to start the engines (2D panel for me). I changed my grab spot.hope it helps.Nick>No, air brakes inadvertently not armed. But I will try it>agein.

Guest Andrea

Can confirm that, with spoilers armed, takeoff warning horns.Andrea

...or someone is stealing his car :(