Sign in to follow this  

What must I have?

OK, forgive me if this has been covered a million times but... I have been without my PC for nearly a year (long move, don't ask) and am ready to install FS2K2 Pro. What are the "must haves". Any tweaks or patches? I hate to ask such a generic question. If there is a FAQ type list somewhere please direct me there. Thanks all... dying to get back behind the yoke!EddieKSLC

Guest Scott Campbell

Eddie,>OK, forgive me if this has been covered a million times >but...Nice to see you back! How's the Beaver? ;-)>I have been without my PC for nearly a year (long move, >don't ask) and am ready to install FS2K2 Pro. What are the >"must haves".Cash. Lots and lots of cash. A lot of things that were free aren't anymore. Some of the payware is pretty good though. I always recommend FSNav 4.5 to start.>Any tweaks or patches?Even thought there are numerous irritants and issues, MS in their wisdom sees no need for a patch. There are multiple "fixes" (tweaks) listed on a couple sites. The main one is the FlightSim Veterans Club (edit)Correct site: http://www.FSGateway.com/> I hate to ask such a >generic question. If there is a FAQ type list somewhere >please direct me there. Thanks all... dying to get back >behind the yoke!Same place.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Eddie,welcome back! besides the long list of config or tweaks for FS2002, you might consider the Geofa's B33 (avsim file library), the Flight1 421C, and the Reality XP Flight Line Avionics GPS and Radios (reviewed this week at avsim). They might become your must have too!!Hope it helps!

Scott, I can't believe you don't add those page to your internet favorites (-: ?MsFs Tips and Trickshttp://www.FSGateway.com Edit:-lol After I saw Scott post edited he got the correct link :-beerchugThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Scott Campbell

Chris,ooops, I corrected close to the same time you posted.Well, I eventually get there. After all this time I think I've got all the tweaks so don't update as often as I should! (Will that excuse do?) :-lol

Nice dress you have on Mrs Cleaver.

Guest Scott Campbell

...EVERYTHING from my site of course, especially ACLoader! :-lol

Guest Scott Campbell

umm, phonetically...Ich?Knee?Sun?She?Go?Row?Coo?Damn...what is 8? :-lolHeck, my brother and sister-in-law were just in Japan and they didn't have a clue! Turns out everyone doesn't speak English in the world. Who knew? :-lol

You guys are the best! Got plenty of surfing to do now. It is sad, I had the cable modem connected before the telephone. I have unpacked the kitchen... dare I start an install before unpacking the bedroom? Thanks again... been an FS flier since MSFS 1.01 (love cyan and magenta) and I'm DYING to see what they have for us in 2002!! EddieKSLC

Guest Scott Campbell

Eddie,Big changes: They have 4 colors now. Of course you'll need dual 360k floppy drives. :-lolThought about unpacking bedroom: If you have something like Download Accelerator, then you can queue everthing, click "Start Download", then go do the bedroom. If it weren't for long-haul flights and downloading, I'd never get anything done! :-lolAlways a good place to find things: AVSIM Library and Flightsim.com.

You might want to take a look at the Utilities page at my site. Many of the favorites are listed there (it's a start, anyway)