Sign in to follow this  
Guest skywreck

FMC problem at KMIA

Guest skywreck

Whenever I try to load a Flight Plan starting or endingat Miami, I get a rwy error message on the FMC displaywhich invariably means I cannot proceed with the loadingof the aircraft or select SID/STAR.Would appreciate any advice on this problem and apologiesif this has been asked before.

Guest mcd211255

HiI had the same problem when I was going through the Advanced turorial. I found that the runway data in Stefans navdata 0404 was incorrect and I cut and paste the data for KMIA from the default runway data file that came with the NG. When I input data for runways into the FMC it worked ok.EDITED: The original file is AIRAC Cycle : 0313 and is the wpNAVapt file in the FMCWP folder. Hopefully backed up when the latest AIRAC was loaded.Mike DouglasLiverpool, UKCaptain British Airways VirtualClimbing the ladder at Aloha VA

Hi there.You get the error message due to change in rwy numbering. Take a look at this post: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...45737&mode=full. The latest terminal procedures from Terry Yingling are updated for the changes. They can be downloaded here: http://home.sw.rr.com/filesherenow/page1.html.Also make sure you have the latest AIRAC cycle 0405 installed, this can be downloaded from Navdata. If interested I have written a procedure for KMIA from scratch, I will upload this to Navdata soon.

Guest skywreck

Hello MikeThanks for your prompt reply.I've got archive copies of all AIRACS going backseveral months including 0313 as well as the current one.Also located the directory and file you mention. However,not being an expert in this matter, not sure what getsedited to/from where. Would appreciate more detailedexplanation if possible.

Guest mcd211255

Hi,Until the correct runway alignment is available from the people mentioned in the previous replies what I did is to replace the text file wpNAVapt.txt from AIRAC 404 or 405 which ever you have in the NAVDATA folder with the original from AIRAC 0313. It worked for me. I am no expert I just download the files and whenthere is a mismatch or not in database error given on the FMC I them try to correct it.Mike