Sign in to follow this  
tasev1

night lighting

Hey PMDG. Just wanted to say I love the night lighting. Looks awesome, BUT, with that effect, it would have been nice to have a dome light on in addition to it, to light up everything (like you had in the old -600/700). for purposes of ground operations and the ability to read paperwork, as well as flying in a thunderstorm. You have that idea in the Virtual Cockpit, why not the 2d?

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

Hi! (Please put your real name at the bottom of your post ;) It is in the forum rules.:-shy) Also, there was something a while ago in another thread that there is a MSFS limit on light sources or something, so this was the one to go.The flood lighting is not supposed to be used in-flight (i'm pretty sure anyway), so I guess that is why PMDG did not include it.Geoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.png"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()

Guest captbulldog 2

really? The 767 flies with panel flood on.....and the 767PIC does have working on/off panel floods too. Why not PMDG?

Preston,There seems to be a limit on how many 2D-Panels MSFS can handle, and a flood light in the 2D-Panel would be nothing else than another Bitmap. I guess this is why PMDG did not include it in the -800/-900.Now to the topic flood lighting: You're not supposed to use it during departure and approach. Surely after reaching cruise level and flying along at FL300+ you would turn them on, especially on longhaul flights. Now with the B737 we spend more time doing approaches and departures than cruising, so it certainly is better to have a decent night lighting without the flood light so we can see something looking out of the window. But yes in the upcoming B744 it would be nice to have a 2D flood lighting BESIDES the lighting we have now in the B737. But for now with the B737 I'm totally happy with the lighting.Best regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Thanks guys.Sorry for breaking name the rule.Best Regards,Sacha

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png