Sign in to follow this  
Reini

MCP Altitude Restriction

I have a problem with the altitude restriction in the MCP with the PMDG 737-800/900. If I fly in LNAV and VNAV mode, an altitude restriction in the MCP is ignored if the plane approaches the destination airport with a selected runway (Tested at LSZH Rwy 14 or 16, MCP Altitude 4000 feet, 2D-Cockpit). VNAV is correctly disengaged at the MCP altitude restriction, but ALT HOLD is not selected and the aircraft continues to sink in an uncontrolled way.May be this behavior could be corrected with the next patch.I also have to say that the PMDG 737-800/900 are excellent aircrafts and it is a pleasure to fly this highly realistic planes!RegardsReinhard

Guest Zapper

The AFDS will fly through or away from an MCP ALT if you capture the GS. Might I have a screenshot of when it fdoes it pls or tell me what your FMAs are displaying.Tks,Brad

Brad,Thanks for your interest in my problem. But the described behavior occurs if no ILS is tuned, so no GS capture is possible.RegardsReinhard