Sign in to follow this  
Guest tbirdsport

Question about PMDG STARS vs Real charts

Guest tbirdsport

Hi guysI have a query regarding STARS in the FMC vs Real world charts. I have recently started flying online with British Airways Virtual and have come into a situation regarding my arrival at EGCC (Manchester UK) via the DAYNE1B STAR.The FMC STAR has a transition between the end of the STAR and the Approach ILS rwy24R/06L to complete the flight plan. Looking at my real world charts this transition does not exist.The approach chart also has a different flight path to the FMC, with a procedure turn involved on the chart.My question is what does everyone else do when flying online - use the FMC flight path or the real world chart?So far I have not been under ATC control when online so I have used the FMC path to make it easier to program, but I am worried that if I use this online I will be chastised by ATC!Replies much appreciated!

Guest stang

Hi Mark>arrival at EGCC (Manchester UK) via the DAYNE1B STAR.You will have to write the author of the EGCC procedure that you downloaded about this one.>The approach chart also has a different flight path to the>FMC, with a procedure turn involved on the chart.Since the FMC can not do or show procedure turns, any transitions that have a procedure turn are not provided from the DAFIF data.RegardsTerry

Hello MarkI wrote the EGCC file on the navdata site which is also available from here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/simon.butler2...usefulfiles.htmThe transitions I have used were written after taking advice from someone with extensive local knowledge. True they dont reflect the procedure turns from the charts but these are rarely used in real life.I have included procedure turns in some of my sidstar files, there are work arounds to gain a similar effect.I wouldn't worry too much about online ATC, my advice would be, set the fmc up with the star and transition to expected runway. Fly the Star as instructed by ATC, you may have to insert a hold at Dayne, as it shouldn't be passed without ATC clearance. You will rarely have to hold there though, and if you have online ATC you will be vectored anyway from Dayne. You will be using hdg select and level change here, your display will give you an indication of the path to expect.If there is no atc online, no one will have a problem with the transitions, as they are close to how you would be vectored with atc.If you have any further questions please feel free to drop me an email.Simon

Guest tbirdsport

Hi Simon, thanks a lot for your reply it answers my question perfectly. Your answer was what I was hoping someone would say, I can fly with a little more confidence now!Cheers