Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arkydave

Recall Switch

Guest Arkydave

First post here. This is a very useful forum. Thanks for being here.I've been in a tizzy trying to find the Recall Switch that is called out on several of the checklists in section 5 of the AOM. So where is it in the 737-700, and what does it do?Thanks,--Dave McConkey

Guest Erups

>So where is it in the 737-700, and what does it do?It's located on the overhead, central saction, below the cabin light switches.AS to what it does, i do not know: apparently nothing.BRClaudio

Hmm.. are you sure. Is it not on the glareshield, just beside the master warning light/reset ?Tero

PPL(A)

Guest ba747heavy

Ah we are mixing terms up here. There is a FA Recall switch on the overhead, and the Master Caution recall switch which is pointed out in that illustrated picture. Odds are the Master Caution recall is the one the original poster was referring to.

Yes, that is what I suspected too. And btw, the switch itself is not on the outlined area, the annunciator is there ;).Tero

PPL(A)

Guest stockerharris

Dave,I think the switch to which they refer is the grid of annunciators to the right of the Master Caution Button (red light). They are sited on the far left of the glare shield.If you push the red button, it and all the orange illuminated annunciators go out.To recall those alarms still outstanding, you left click on the grid area. If you have done everything correctly, they should all be out before takeoff.On some other planes, pushing the red button also shuts down the annoying audible alarm and hence the need to recall the outstanding items. The audible alarm doesn't seem to work on my setup or maybe PMDG decided to leave it out.I hope I am on the right track,David.

Guest schuurman01

Hi dave You talk about the "red" button on the glareshield but that's not your reset button for your master caution light that's actaully your ENGINE & APU fire warning light this lights up when there is fire on the engine or APU you push this button to turn the fire bell of but you can not turn of your master caution light with this reset button,If you want to turn of the master caution you have to push the "ORANGE" button on the glareshield or find the related system that give's the master caution and clear this fault, mostly on the overhead panel.And about the recal switch/button,I work as B737 NG airplane mechanic and we call it the "SIX PACK" because there are in real life six related system on the capt SIX PACK and six related systems on the F/O SIX PACK.GreetingsMark.

Guest Zapper

The RECALL function is called in a number of checklists. It is not actually a light. This function is performed by pressing the 'System Annunciator Panel' to call it by the correct name. It is the large dark panel containing various system annunciator lights. In the PMDG all the lights are on the one panel but IRL there are six on the Capts side and 6 more on Effohs side. This panels purpose is to draw your attention to the particular system that has a problem. The light for a system will come on under various circumstances. There can be what are called 'masked failures' and that is if a system has a problem but it is covered by a redundancy system so that the original failure will not affect teh immediate safety of the flight then the light will illuminate when you press the 'System Annunciator Panel'Any time a light on teh 'System Annunciator Panle' comes on the 'Master Caution Light' will also illuminate. The 'Master Caution' light is the ORANGE light and it illuminates to draw your attention to the 'System Annunciator Panel'The 'Fire Warning Light' is to draw your attention to the Fire Panel and pressing it also acts as teh bell cutout to silence a bell that you never ever want to hear in real life :) BTW the first time I tested the bell in the sim I nearly jumped out of my seat. :D The sound is perfect!ATB,