Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

Question regarding RivaTuner

Guest Stamatis

I am trying to figure out how to properly run LODBiasFix w9x.rts This patch script claims it fixes the bug introduced in the Detonator 23.xx and allows the driver to set negative Direct3D mipmap LOD bias correctly. But I cannot figure out how to install it. Double clicking on it prompts me to browse for a nvdd32.dll file which when I locate and point the browser to, the installation reports that the installation failed because "browsing for the file nvdd32.dll... failed"Any help will be appreciatedStamatis

Guest PaulL01

>I am trying to figure out how to properly run LODBiasFix >w9x.rts >>This patch script claims it fixes the bug introduced in the >Detonator 23.xx and allows the driver to set negative >Direct3D mipmap LOD bias correctly. >>But I cannot figure out how to install it. Double clicking >on it prompts me to browse for a nvdd32.dll file >which when I locate and point the browser to, the >installation reports that the installation failed because >"browsing for the file nvdd32.dll... failed" >>Any help will be appreciated Stamatis,The instructions should tell you to first locate the driver then copy it to a temporary directory, perform the scipt patch, you will then have a patched file in your temporary directory and the original will be named nvdd32.dll.old. Now re-boot into safe mode and copy the patched file from your temporary directory to the windows/system directory where you originaly found it, re-boot to normal mode and your all set. :)

Guest Stamatis

Hi Paul,Thank you for replying."The instructions should tell you to first locate the driver then copy it to a temporary directory"That would be easy if the driver came in a zip.Unfortunately the driver comes in a self extracting executable.So how do I extract the files in a temporary folder?Stamatis

Stamatis,Either rename the driver file to end in '.zip' or open the file from within WinZip (for instance) using File/Open Archive ...(Don't know about the rest as I haven't done anything in this respect yet).Regards,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Guest PaulL01

>Hi Paul, >>Thank you for replying. >>"The instructions should tell you to first locate the >driver then copy it to a temporary directory" >>That would be easy if the driver came in a zip. >Unfortunately the driver comes in a self extracting >executable. >>So how do I extract the files in a temporary folder? >>Stamatis Normaly you install the drivers first and then perform the operation.Take Care,

Guest Stamatis

Paul,I copied the file in question to temp folder, booted in Safe Mode, run the patch on the copy, re-copied it over the original in my System folder, and then rebooted again.I hope that did it?Stamatis