Sign in to follow this  
Guest schuurman01

FMC ident page

Guest schuurman01

Hi PMDG I have question about the navigation database date on the FMC ident page! in real life there are two navdata base date's on the ident page, on the PMDG 737 NG there is only one date vissible. In real life you can change the date's & when you do this you can clear all inputs in the FMC.Now come's the question, is it possible to implant this function inside the PMDG 737 NG FMC to better clear your inputs of the FMC.Greeting Mark.

If I understand your question correctly the answer is that the dates refer to the valid period for using that particular cycle of data. Being able to change the dates would do nothing to enhance or update the information contained in the database. It is necessary to load a new cycle of data when it becomes available. The PMDG operators section of the website provides a link to the site www.navdata.at which is the source of the AIRAC data used for the PMDG FMCs. That site will tell you what cycle is cuurent (prsently it is cycle 0405) and it can be downloaded from there and then entered into the 737 FMC. Once it is loaded, the cycle and valid dates willappear on the Ident page.Roger Curtiss

Guest schuurman01

Hi Roger,You partly understand my question.But in "real life" you have two navdata base date's vissible, the upper date is the ACTIVE one & the lower date is the INACTIVE one as you can see on this picture.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78903.txtYou can make the INACTIVE date the ACTIVE date by just selecting the INACTIVE date with the line select key (LSK) right next to the INACTIVE date, then this date line come's vissible in the scratchpath, then push the LSK next to the ACTIVE date and the INACTIVE date is the ACTIVE date and ACTIVE date will be the INACTIVE date.With this action you can also clear all inputs you made in the PERF page, RTE page, & takeoff page.Now come's the question for the PMDG development team is it possible that this function can be activated inside the PMDG 737 NG FMC.Thanks,Greetings Mark.

I see what you mean...but why would you want to make an "outdated" database active in the first place?Roger Curtiss

Guest schuurman01

Hi RogerAfter I arrived at the arrival airport and you want to make a quick turn around, it's easier to clear all inputs with one or two stroke's than go through all the page's. and clear all input's there.It dont't have to be an outdated database, you can also use the same database with the same date only you have active one & inactive one.I hope you can see what I mean?Thanks Greetings Mark.

Mark,Why would you want to clear anything except the DEST and ORG and any remnants of the flight plan?Just enter new data over the old in PERF, N1 and TAKE OFF pages. I don't see any point in first clearing and then entering data again? But then it could be me! ;-)Cheers,