Sign in to follow this  
avioesemusicas

Good Frame Rates and Stutters - How come?

Hi all,I've done a search in the forum and I read a similar topic (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136&topic_id=48565&mode=full) without a solution.My framerates are steady locked at 30 using 737-700 2D winglets, however it stutters every second on the ground (no matter which airport). Questions:1 - How can we have constant good framerates and stutters at the same time? 2- It only happens on the ground. In flight, with overcast or 3D clouds at 100%, performance still at 30FPS and NO STUTTERS whatsoever.I already decreased the LCD framerate on PMDG menu, and lowered sound quality to medium, did not help though. Any other suggestions? Would like to hear somtehing from PMDG, because the other topic wasn't solved. It doens't happen with any other aircraft. Best Regards,

>Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?Something something economics...Voo doo economics!...

Guest paizinho71

Hi again, JoselitoI get this also. Mine are not that annoying though:-| but that much better if they were gone:-)My frames are locked at 24-25..more if I set to "unlimited"...but I get those stutters, too. My card is the GF4 Ti4200 8x AGP.Regards,Ryan BeardKJAN,SBGL,SBRJ

Joselito and Ryan,Try to quit the sound in FS and see if that helps (default Q key or something like that). I know I've had some stutters which was sound related. May be a sound driver issue.Hope it helps

Guest paizinho71

Hi Mats,Thanks, I will try it out....no real "biggie". Definely not disruptive, and I have had a sound driver issue recently with playing music...hmmmThanks for the tip.Best regards,Ryan BeardKJAN,SBGL,SBRJ

Hi,same problem here. Stutters on ground and near ground. Or to be more precise: A periodically drop in framerates about every half a second. Occurs in VC and also in 2D panel. Lowering the LCD refresh rates of the panel saves only a few FPS but doesn't cure the stutters.Limiting the cloud details and decreasing AI helps a bit. I usually start and land the 737 with 5% AI and stay away from the detailed airports. I also switch off any general aviation AI when flying the 737. Enroute I switch AI back to 80% to enjoy the TCAS :-)All this is too bad because it renders the gorgeous VC unusable :-(From somewhere nearby EDDFAlex

To add,Many many many many many many things can contribute to sim performance and stutters. May have nothing to do with drivers, or maybe it does. Very hard to diagnose because of the infinite range of possiblities.If you search the MSFS forum there are a few ;-) threads on how to begin to diagnose what the issues could be (notice plural "Issues"). If you are looking for addition personal assistance there are places like www.fs-gs.com

I upgraded my sound card drivers and that actually fixed most of the stuttering problem. Also I installed the file aeu_6, the lite version with only the runway and taxiway textures. Because the frames were stuttering even more with the terminal and everything else in the airport in view. Hope that helps

I'm using the latest drivers for my sound card, using "no sound" doesn't fix the stutters for me. Just to reinforce, ONLY HAPPENS ON THE GROUND (OR NEAR GROUND) AND ONLY WITH PMDG NG SERIES 800. So I thing the sound is not an issue for me.What file is that? Aeu_6? Did a search on the file library and returned no results...Thanks in advance.

>Hi again, Joselito>>I get this also. Mine are not that annoying though:-| but>that much better if they were gone:-)>My frames are locked at 24-25..more if I set to>"unlimited"...but I get those stutters, too. My card is the>GF4 Ti4200 8x AGP.>>Regards,>Ryan Beard>KJAN,SBGL,SBRJHi there Ryan,Is not that annoyng.. but I you know, we star to use such wonderfull product and we always want to have it perfect ;-)Abra

Hi,even the textures in the aeu_6 lite version are too big. I would only install these if I fly simple planes.There is a whole bunch of resized textures available in the library made by Bart Dylkiewicz.Just look for the files:resenvmaptex.zipResAutogenTex.zipResRunwayTex.zipressuntex.zipthese help a bit and don't look too bad.Alex