Sign in to follow this  
Guest rici

crashes

Guest rici

hiya,can anyone tell me if their PMDG 737NG is crashing to the desktop randomly? Mine does! I could be after 10 seconds, a minute or two hours, but it just randomly goes down! I haven't installed the interim patch, I'm going to wait until the full one, (I can't fly with frozen radio's anyway). The interim patch mentions nothing about fixing crashes, are PMDG aware of the problem?Cheersrichard

Guest ba747heavy

I don't get any CTD with the interm patch install...or for that matter without it installed. Can you give some more details on your system and setup? Like the faulting module would be a good idea, and does your system just drop to the desktop with no warning, or does it popup with the 'send this error to microsoft' dialouge?

Guest rici

Can't remember system specs right now, but I never have ANY problems with software, games or any other FS2004 addons.It crashes when I click a switch, it can be any switch on any panel. It just drops to the desktop with no error messages. This only started happening after the 800/900 instalation. The difficult thing is that it is so general! It will CTD whenever it feels like it!?thanks for your help

Guest zip

This may or may not be relevant but your story sounds familiar:On my ATI video based AMD box, I had random CTDs in FS9 but not in other games. All tests and benchmarks passed with flying colors. As usual, no errors, nothing in the event log, and the usual wild goose chase as to what the problem is.My problem was apparently due to the video driver for my ATI card (9800XT) and the support of DirectX as used within FS9. When using the complex PMDG model that stresses the system, it did the ol' sepukku routine somewhere. The latest driver fixed the problem, at the time 4.3 (current is 4.5).If it was an add-on DLL error, you would normally get the FS9 CTD with the error screen. A severe hardware issue (such as overtemp) usually results in a blue screen.But, my past directX problems have often seem to just cause the program to quit. Just a hunch.Regards,

Guest andre69

Hi RichardI had the same problem and I corrected it by replacing the memory plates one of the two that I had was defective,I do not know if this is your problem but try to have them cheched, good luckAndre

Guest paizinho71

Hi Richard,This used to happen to me on long flights or coming into massive scenery addons, especially on a long flights...in my case WR2004 scenery with the 800/900...other times wouldn't happen, but when I think I will complete a flight, descending into sbgl.......CTD!!So far, it appears my CTDs have stopped:-) Here is what I did.1. Made sure everything was updated(patches, video etc.)2. Minimized or shutdown other programs that startup with the OS*3. Pagefile. I believe this is key. Discovered that my pagefile settings were set to a hard-coded size. Make sure it is "System Managed". This way it can grow if needed, automatically.Warning....I have 3 hard drives and yes, these pagefiles can get BIG.I allocated space from all 3 drives....I can do that, maybe others can't. But if you have space to spare, try this out.I have been flying a little more than a month now without a CTD:-)I can see where XP had re-allocated space more than it was set to. Again, I have space to spare...and that is why the 120GB SATA drive was bought.Also, my overall resolution seetings are somewhat conservative...1024x768, Max 3D clouds, Max Scen Complex,Max Autogen(without going into more details). This may not be acceptable to many, but I can get my money's worth out of the sim. Yes, I have flown at higher resolutions with WR2004 without CTDs...And with LA Megascenery, no problems!:-) Good FPSsHope this helped,Best,Ryan BeardWinXP SP1Intel P4 2.8GHz 800MHz FSB HT PrescottIntel 865PERL MB1GB PC2100 DDRGeForce4 TI4200 128MB DDR60,40GB Internal, Buslink SATA 120 GB ExtKJAN,SBGL,SBRJ