Sign in to follow this  
echollet

a suggestion for the 747

Hello to all PMDG pilots,First of all PMDG, I love you products. Thank you very much and 'bravo'.Now, this post is about a small feature I'd like to see in the forthcoming 747. It is the possibility to set in the FMC a trigger that would pause FS at some point along the route. This feature is implemented in PSS A340. PSSA340 has a setting so that it pauses FS when TOD is reached. IMHO, it would be great to pause 'at some waypoint' especially in these long haul birds... and not only at TOD.It could perhaps be some 'hidden' compulsory attribute of a waypoint so that realism of FMC display is not polluted.(or does anyone know about any independant tool that could pause FS after some time during the flight ? )Well. It's just a though. Now my credit card can't wait for your next product but I think waiting is part of the pleasure (perhaps I should not say that. Some people might burn me. :-hah). I wish you the best for the 747 development phase and in the meanwhile, I'll keep on enjoying my 737s and B1900D. (They both keep me busy).:-beerchug Cheers

Guest A32X

Personally I'd love to see an old PIC767 feature, I think.If your flying a long flight you can automatically jump to any waypoint, say the one before top of descent. In my opinion that would be a great bonus, especially for a long haul aircraft.Cheers,Paul

Guest Blythy

the pause suggestion would be incredibly annoying.however it would be nice to have a feature that saves the flight at TOD.

>If your flying a long flight you can automatically jump to any>waypoint, say the one before top of descent. How did you do that...I haven't found that future out yet with my PIC767.

The pause-function on the PSS 330/340 is absolutely great and would be great if PMDG would implement it aswell. It allows me to start a long haul flight at night, let it fly while I am sleeping and in the morning I continue at the TOD, great !Would be really good ++ for PMDG

Guest A32X

>>If your flying a long flight you can automatically jump to>any>>waypoint, say the one before top of descent. >>How did you do that...I haven't found that future out yet with>my PIC767.I believe all the great features the made the PIC767 the best addon ever, such as the above and not to mention all the training adventures etc, was only available in FS2000. PaulHmmm, might install FS2000 tonight!

maybe the program " iwillbeback" is what you are looking forquoteThis program allows to program a pause or alarm condition on FS based on flight distance. Using this program it is possible to pause the FS or play a sound after X NM, this is useful when you have to leave from the computer but don't want to miss the Top Of Descend or any other important eventunquoteyou can find it right here at avsim : Author: Jos

Thank you for the iwillbeback.zip reference. It seems to work fine indeed.

Guest Callmecapt

Ummm...what about just hitting the "P" button??Goran

I agree, what has already been discussed and I sure hope will not be forgotten is a way to save a flight in-flight with all FMC settings etc preserved when you choose that flight next time you fire FS up.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest Buck Bolduc

I never saw a 747 parked up in the sky!.>>>>>OK, JUST KIDDING!Best

You mean PSS got something to work? :-badteeth Seriously, this is really strange to me. I understand wanting a long-haul plane, but I don't get climbing to FL then going to bed or leaving, only to come back when it's time to approach. *:-* I realize you want long flights and don't want to just sit there, but it's crazy to me either way.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

It would be great it it would be included. As a pilot you can still choose to use it or not, but at least one would have the choice!

BTW, Radar Contact has an option to pause at 200 miles default. You can set it to any distance or turn it off. For those that have overflown their destination only to crash when out of fuel know the value of this feature. The good point is that even on short flights if you get up to get a brew or go to sleep, you won't ever miss the began descent calls from Radar Contact's much improved ATC over the FS ATC.CheersBob

I was hoping this would come up. I see most of the answers are what I expected. I think it would be great. I know some cant understand why people want this but I for one cannot sit in front of a computer for hours on end. I have a 1+ year old little girl and I have to pick and choose when I can takeoff land and so forth (when Mom isnt hoeme)usually during nap time so to have this feauture would be a big help to those in a similar situation as me. Those who dont like it dont have to use it.My opinion.