Sign in to follow this  

Bill Molony's Atlanta Scenery

Thanks Bill for your Atlanta Int. scenery. This is the type of stuff that makes our hobby so interesting. It's frame-friendly and really adds a lot of realism to this airport. Now I will go and download the AI flights out of Hartsfield and continue to build on that realism. I love flying, but have no interest in developing scenery, and so it's important for me to recognize on occasion those who take the time to add to our pleasure.Hope you all had a wonderful 4th.Spruce.

Hi Spruce,Thanks for the kind words!Hope you continue to enjoy!Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Hi Heather,Glad you liked it! Thanks for the kind words!I do have a few things I've done in the library. Most of them were at FlightSim.com but I recently decided to put them here at AVSIM as well.My pride and joy is my Stone Mountain scenery--EXTREMELY high resolution details and a huge number of scenery objects. But be prepared. It is quite large and VERY complex--not exactly frame rate friendly. But frame rates are not effected except in the immediate area around Stone Mountain.Also a small percentage of people have reported problems with the ground scenery flickering. I believe that is a problem with certain specific video cards settings though I have not been able to track that one down speicifically.I have been watching another thread about the flickering some people have at some stock airports. It appears that is related to the problems some people have at Stone Mtn. I hope they have come up with a fix.Search for Molony.Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Hi Bill,I downloaded your airport addon back when it came out. Very good. I highly recommend it to everyone. KATL is my home airport. I also downloaded the Stone Mtn scenery and unfortunately, I am one of the unlucky ones who has the flickering problem. You and I emailed back and forth a few times about it. Thanks for all your suggestions, but nothing worked I'm afraid. I still have it installed. I catch a glimmer of the detail every now and then. It is such a shame I can't see it all... I can see through the flickering it is fantastic scenery. I even downloaded the firworks the other day. Fantastic!Thanks, bBll, for the secnery and all your hard work. I do hope someone will figure out a fix for this flickering. I refuse to uninstall it. ThanksEarl.... "and the greatest of these is Love." I Cor. 13:13

Bill, I live in Acworth and really love your work. Makes the local environs so cool. If you want, I can email you an AFCAD file of Fulton County airport. Meantime, would be most excellent if you get a chance to put in thestadiums in Atlanta area. I cant believe MS took out or left out,Turner Field, Ga Tech Bobby Dodd Stadium, the Georgia Dome. Also, Six Flags is missing. At least in Orlando you get a hint of Disney World. Flying regularly out of KFTY Six Flags over Georgia is less than 3 miles away. Its a big hole!Thanks for your great work!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Thanks guys for all the nice comments!You better watch out though!You might make my head too big! :)Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

I agree 100%!!! I live in Gwinnett and usually hike the rock three to four times a week (its a great work out). Your scenery is right on the mark!! It was strange before in fs to take off out of Peachtree and not see Stone Mtn in the distance. Unfortunately for me though the scenery does flicker. Thank you so much for for all of your work!

Ditto to everything you said!!!! Six flags would be nice....and I would really realy love to see the Ted!!!