Sign in to follow this  
Guest langevine

777 Plans?

Guest ejv747

777 would be an EXCELLENT choice and a logic one I say.

I would also love to see a good 777 series from PMDG :)There hasn't been any good 777 panel around since FS2000 PSS panel. Though I wouldnt mind a 767 or 757 series aswell. But if I'd have to choose 777 is one of my all time favorites.regards, Jani

Count me in for a 777 after the dash 400!Markus

Markus Burkhard

Greetings fellow Earthlings,I like the sound of a 777 or 757, and am currently one of those Boeing freaks. However, this is probably because I have only once ever flown on an Airbus. I'd like to fly a flight sim 'bus, and the iFDG model is nice, but it is the panel we are after, right? After the 737 (my only purchase for FS bar the C152), I simply refuse to buy anything less than PMDG quality, so all those.. dare I say 'half-baked' panels out there simply won't do. I am very curious to know how all the systems work on a Scarebus (but don't want anybody elses panels, even the other payware ones out there at the mo) so I would really like PMDG to try one at some stage (selected those words because I don't want to upset you all by saying 'First'). Like the sound of 'fly-by-wire' too - although I laughed at an article on the aniversary of the 'Gimli glider' (deadstick 767, ran out of fuel and all instruments consequently out, sideslipped it like Cessna to descend more) when the pilot stated that 'If it was an Airbus, we couldn't have made it' :7:D - I like my smilies. Where would the world be without them?Geoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.png"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()

Like everyone else, I vote for the 777 :DCheersJohan "Whats VNAV?!?!" Adolfsson

Guest rcarlson123

I just gotta add my vote here. Like Geoff, I would love to see PMDG do a modern jet from another manufacturer, such as Airbus. Something big like a 340 or 380 would be fantastic. My second choice, very close behind, is a triple 7. I'll be buying the 744 the day it arrives (I'll likely buy every MSFS product PMDG makes) but I'd love to see a very modern heavy jet made by the masters. The only reason I'd slightly prefer an Airbus over a 777 is because it's a different manufacturer, and I'd enjoy learning the differences in FMC operation, etc.

Guest FattyBear

I would love any plane except Airbus. Not enough buttons to push, and they are just boring planes.

Guest Franken

>and they are just boring planes. Totally agree Alex. Can't put my finger on it but there is something so utterly boring about the Airbus that I would never fly it. That's just my opinion on. Others may vary. ;)

Guest rcarlson123

I've never flown an Airbus, so I don't know ... but if they are truly that boring, then I'd say go for the 777. I like pushing buttons too. :)

Guest FattyBear

Another point that I'd like to make is that I have spent so much time learning the NG I dont really want to learn the Airbus again (flew the PSS version a few times).

I dunno guys...There's another thread around here that I posted in that talks about the long haul stuff.The 737 is ubiquitous enough, and flies a large number of routes. The 74 flies the long-haul action all around... as does the 777 more or less. I would be excessively satisfied with another short-to-mid-range plane.I like the idea of the 75... but I'd personally like to see the 717 come forward first. It's a lovely little short-haul, heavy-work airplane. The uber-modern glass cockpit would be royally cool to work with... on par with or more advanced even than the 777's systems as I recall. While an MD-80 series plane would be neat... I think the 717 deserves some time in the virtual sun.While I trust PMDG could kick arse on anything that they take on... I'd like to wait and see what gets done with 767PIC v2 before calling out a 76. That's some phenomenal stuff itself.On the other, short range end... I would like to see some detailed regional action. There are some aircraft that are quite commonly flown. I'm sure it would be wishful thinking to expect a fully-modeled B1900 given the express version that came out. I live in Denver... Great Lakes is uber-cool with their 1900s, so I'm partial. SKW and others fly the Brasilia en-masse. The CRJ is a pretty commonly modeled aircraft already, though it could be cool to see a decently modeled one systems-wise.I think Oleksiy has the Dash market cornered, no offense :)I'd love to see a Dornier 328 Prop/Jet combo myself... they're a little less common, but are just an awesome plane.I don't have much familiarity with the Saab 340... apparantly pretty popular, but I never see any out this way.Meh, can't think of any more. Anyway, point being, something shorter than the triple. I know it's almost blasphemous to say that given the greatness of the triple... but there are other planes in the sky :)~Nate

Guest Thomas K

"Boring" according to who, and based on what? How much experience or knowledge do you have of Airbuses that would lead you to make this conclusion? If you think that the hugely simplified PSS Airbus -- and the watered-down techniques that they recommend for flying it-- is the way a real Airbus flies, you need to think again.In the real world, pilots coming in from other types onto the Airbus ground school often describe it as a most grueling experience to learn the advanced airbus systems. The vast majority also find the Airbus a joy to fly once they settle down with the type. So, sorry guys, but no-- Airbuses are no more or less "boring" than the 777 to fly. The two have got highly similar levels of automation. If you call the Airbus utterly boring, than you ought to do the same for the 777.It's utterly funny how some people have these strange biases against inanimate objects, particularly those that have pioneered technology in aviation long ago and which Boeing have only just begun to realize the benefits of and implement on their 777.Thomas

Guest Thomas K

Guest prichards

I second the 717! It would be a sweet bird to park next to the 737NG. There doing a 747-400 now so I think ( only my view ) they sould do another smaller bird then the 777 or what ever. Keep long and short route pilots happy.

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg Yes the 777 is a plane i miss very much in FS9,nearly as much as the 747. I was very disappointed thatPSS didnt continue with these two in FS9 I really do hopePMDG get the 747-400 right first I know I will be a verytough critic on it as i thought the PSS 747 was one of thebest aircraft addons ever released. So if PMDG wants a another beta tester with plenty of 747-400 flying hoursI will gladly do it! Cheers Greg:-wave