Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

Sidewind reaction????

No way, Claudio, take a look at this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78805.jpgI'm tracking 287 in LNAV, wind coming more or less from the north. In order to compensate, the autopilot has correctly turned the a/c to a heding of approx. 293, i.e. into the wind. Look at the down-pointing arrowhead above the compass arc, THAT is where the a/c nose is pointing.This is also confirmed by glancing on the good old compass on the window post.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

But Claudio You are in HDG SEL for crying out loud! :-)When in HDG SEL the A/P doesn't give a darn about the TRACK!And you will never ever see this while in LNAV. I won't believe that you did until you prove me wrong with some screenies. ;-)TGIF :-beerchugHow does that sound? ;-)

Ok well here is another example that I have seen. When on APP on final if the wind is from the right the nose of the aircraft is pointed left of RNW heading. I know the aircraft is flying a path because it is locked on the localizer why after I disconect A/P do I have to apply right rudder just prior to touchdown to correct to RNW heading? Shouldn't this be nose right of RNW hdg and correct left prior to touchdown? Note: I just want to make sure everyone else is as confused as I am now lol

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

>>Ok well here is another example that I have seen. When on APP on final if the wind is from the right the nose of the aircraft is pointed left of RNW heading. I know the aircraft is flying a path because it is locked on the localizer why after I disconect A/P do I have to apply right rudder just prior to touchdown to correct to RNW heading? Shouldn't this be nose right of RNW hdg and correct left prior to touchdown? <

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Now that we talking about HDG and TRK (drift angle) how do you calculate the exact headwind component. For Example: I'm flying at a "TRK" of 270 degrees and there is a wind of 290/45. Then wat is my exact headwind component? VREF calculations are: VREF30/40 + the steady headwind and then add half the figure of the total "gust"Thats how it is in the performance pages. How do you calc. the gust?Thanks people,

RamonThis is a simple trigonometric problem.If you are flying with your nose pointing to 270

thanks, but I mean TRACK 270 so the drift angle should be a HDG of about 278.Thanks anyway.PS do you mean the PROG. page 2??

I do have one q: What do you mean with "cos 20" and with "sin 20"

Guest ChristophIllmer

Sinus and Cosinus values of the according angles...

YesThanks Ramon, I do mean PERF page 2 :-)Cheers,

"Sinus and Cosinus values of the according angles..."Or Sine and Cosine, depending on where you come from ;-) If you haven't studied Trigonometry in high school, then quoting sin and cos may not be of any value to you. However, there should be a calculator on your Windows Start Menu (Accessories) with a "Scientific" option. Type in the angle, then hit the "sin" or "cos" button. Then multiply the resultant value by the wind.Hope this makes sense.Cheers.Ian.