Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

External hardware/software support

Guest Erups

Dear PMDG team.This post is not intended to bark at anyone, nor asking anything if not just an answer to a question.Why did you choose not to support external interfaces?I'm just asking on which motivation you choose to make your software closed to communication with the external world.I know there is a commercial SDK in the works, but that will account for commercial developers, and for the FMC/EFIS only.Just looking for an answerThank youClaudioP.s. i apologize if you have already explained this before, i haven't been able to find it.

Claudio,If I can speak for Robert, Marc and Lefteris and if I can remember correctly, during development of the 600/700 we did contact various vendors of these external interfaces for information on supporting their product, but none of these vendors responded with the requested information.My apologies to any vendor who did respond, but this is how I remember this. Robert, Lefteris or Marc will correct me if I got my information wrong. ;-)