Sign in to follow this  
Allflight57

detailed Flight planning

Im using FSNvigator to do my flight planning and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do the flight plans with a lot of curves in them instead of going in a straight line to each waypoint. Do I need a different flight planner or what do I need to do? Tyler

All flight planers are going to give you the same thing it is going to be waypoint to waypoint the curves are calculated from the FMC to correctly make the turn to put you on the next track. If you fly a default aircraft and let fsnav fly the flightplan you will notice it starts the turns early just like the pmdg FMC it just does not give you a visual representation of it.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Two more questions: 1) I saw in the avsim review for the PMDG 737 that if you have a certain airline the panel layout will be a little bit different such as southwest has a different display on the screens.......how can i get the southwest panel layout....I downloaded the textures for it.2) I downloaded the utility called pln2rte.zip .....i think and once i downloded it and it said to put in a directory file so I did and placed a fligth plan in ther but nothiong happened can someone tell me how to get the plans formatted to RTE using that utility Tyler

you can select the panel layout through PMDG's style menu. There is a dropdown list from which you can choose your airline's configuration. A lot of Operators are included (not all, though - but Southwest is there, i believe)

i couldnt find the airline configuration part of the styles menu i read the manual also and couldn't find it either. can someone tell me exactly where i need to click? thanks Tyler

Tyler to have the 800/900 upgrade models installed, it is that version of the PMDG 737 that has the new airlines styes listed.CheersBob

The plan to rte function if added correctly will enable you to create your flight plan in FSNAV and then (still in FSNAV) go to export, it is under one of your pull down menus. Choose the PMDG and it will open up a save as box. Go to your fs9 directory then pmdg then flightplans, give it a name I usualy use something like kordkbos and then hit save. Once that is done hit F9 to go back to the panel open up the FMC go to the Route page and type in the name that you gave your plan. Push (I believe LSK L2) the LSK next to CO ROUTE and you should see the plan is imported. Then go through your normal FMC set up. Just as a note I normally do not use the SID/STAR database in FSNAV, I will create the main body there import it and then after I actually am at the airport see what the weather is like I will add my SID to the FMC. Then I will get a weather report for my destination and figure out which STAR is best and enter that then I check for route disconects in the leg page. If everything is good I will go back to the main route page and once again type in the file name and this time I will click the LSK next to SAVE. I am then ready to go. One more bit of information, if you fly online after you export your plan to PMDG do the Export again but this time Choose Squawkbox instead of PMDG. Once in Squawk box you can right click and go to I think it is FMS options. Choose Load FMS Flightplan and then find the file you just saved and it will put all your info in to your File Flightplan box.If there are any mistakes I am sorry I am doing this by memory and it has been a while it should be enough to at least get you pointed in the right direction though.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO