Sign in to follow this  
Guest mpauli

Some inprovement ideas...

Guest mpauli

Hi everyoneI'm now flying the PMDG 737 series for a while. Before, I often used the good old PIC767 and DF737. I count myself to the small core of users who like this kind of "total realism" which can be found in all of the planes mentioned above.Now I'm going to ask PMDG (and the rest of the 737NG pilots as well of course) about some ideas. I realised that your 737 is getting closer and closer to the level of realism that was once achieved by the PIC767 (in some cases you have already achieved a higher level anyway :)).I just have the impression that you are about to set a new milestone in realism and I want to help a little bit:1.) Even though the planes systems are almost modelled perfectly there are still some basic things missing, especially like the STEP CLIMP prediction in the FMC. And some other small things...2.) I know you are about to release the IRS for the 737 but I still wanted to ask if there are plans to simulate the whole upper part of the overhead panel? There is still a quite big part missing in the NG 2D panel:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78875.jpgHere is an actual picture of that part.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78876.jpgAnd here is what we already have in the VC.3.) The GPWS controls are not available since there are not visible in any 2D panel and are not working in the VC. The brake pressure gage would also be in this area (beside the gear lever). It could be simulated as well:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78877.jpgHere you can see that part in the VC.4.) The Doors are well simulated but do not agree with the cockpit indication. Additionally for the planes with air stairs there wound be a stair light as well:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78878.jpgLook at the air stair light.Ok, some of you will say now I should stop here, it's enough. I know there are many more small things but I'm interested in your opinions. Write what you think about this. Thanks already for all your feedback...Cheers :-beerchugMartin

Martin,I have the same opinion as you do and also want the IRS aswell as the STEP CLIMB option.Maybe we can expect this in the B744.

Guest mpauli

No other comments? From PMDG for example ;-)ThanksMartin

Thats one thing I dont understand, although the PMDG is my favourite aircraft in the FS world, they missed quite a few small things (like that GPWS and Brake gauge). I would much rather see a complete Boeing 737 cockpit than a B737 and B747 that are not.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest rellehenk

also missing alternate gear extension and alternative nose wheel steering switch...

Guest Erups

I agree complitely, and would also like to see the fuel system working as it should...BRClaudio

I know it is just blood sucking and asking for more and more (not being nasty to you all either) but I'd also like to see all of these features in the 737 :DGeoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.png"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()

Guest mpauli

Hi RyanYou bring it to the point, that's exactly what I mean. Sometimes they really go into details (what I love ;-)) but than they leave out basic stuff like the things you mentioned.Don't know if they are going to answer on that...CheersMartin

Guest mpauli

You are right of course. I just came up with that because some guys are already talking about what is after the 747?! I just don't want them to stop the development of the 737NG, now that they are so close to perfection...CheersMartin

Guest Marc H.

Hello Martin,yes, you have good ideas! I agree 100% with you :D.

Guest Bpilot

Hi, allI'd like to jump into the band wagon. Yeah, I'm praying for the 747, but would pay more $$ for a continuous 737 development...- What about a better TOGA button?- Night lighting that allows you to see the speed break lever;- A field fuel manager (see the 747 in RFP);And, maybe, God wishing, THE FIRST EVER transponder that has all the functions...Regards from BrazilBPilot

I would also agree I would rather have the completed 737 prior to the release of the 747. There is so much left to implement, for example the HUD that is supposed to come out with the BBJ. In my opinion they should continue on with the 737 and release the BBJ with the last remaining goodies and that way it will be that much easier to implement them in the future releases and not have to look back and revisit the other projects.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO