Sign in to follow this  
AvA757Pilot

Not In Database

The other day I had to reinstall FS2002 because the scenery.cfg file became unusable. After completing the reinstall,I started up the 737-700 and entered a previously stored flight plan. The waypoints all came up on the HSI, however the initial route page was blank for the departure and arrival airports. When I attempted to enter them I received the message Not In Database and therefore could not activate and execute the flightplan.The initial reference page showed that ARAC 405 was current and the SID/STAR folder shows the text for the two airports in question (KBUR and KCLT) is present. I even tried to re-download the SID/STAR database from the PMDG downloads section just to be sure but clicking on the dowload buttons only alternates the screen between the Navdata folder and the full menu...no download section is selectable.Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?Roger Curtiss

Guest ba747heavy

www.navdata.at - you need the database from here to get your waypoints to show up. Also, the downloads on the PMDG website are tricky - don't click on the download link, instead click on the title of the item you are downloading. Confusing, but it works.

My waypoints show up...it is the airports (any airports) which do not. My FMC Ident page shows that ARAC cycle 0405 is loaded...but I will try loading it again.Roger Curtiss

I am now officially thotoughly confused. I reloaded the AIRAC cycle as well as the SID/STAR database (thanks for the tip about clicking on the file name) and yet any and every airport I attempt to enter in the RTE page is now rejected as Not In Database. I am at a complete loss to understand why this is occurring or how to remedy it. FMC is out of service until I am able to fix the problem so any assistance would be appreciated.Roger Curtiss

Guest ba747heavy

Hmmmm, what directories did you install the AIRAC and SID/STAR data into? I suspect the SId/STAR data isn't in the right place.

Fred:AIRAC went to FS/MCWP/NavdataSID/STAR to FS/PMDG/SIDSTARSRoger Curtiss

Roger,Inside the Navdata folder, do you have airports.dat and wpNavAPT ? Also , which version do you have of the aircraft? I also see that you have FS/MCWP/Navdata, should be FS/FMCWP/Navdata, but I assume this is only a misprint...

Well, that solved the problem! I had airports.dat but I had it in a folder titled MCWP. (I had wondered why there were two similar folders) I also had a folder titled FMCWP and that one did NOT have the airports.dat file. As soon as I put that file in the CORRECT folder the FMC once again recognized the airport names.Thanks guys. Another PMDG Support success story.Roger Curtiss