Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stefan Bergert

FMC DES-page: req. v/s only shown when descending?

Guest Stefan Bergert

Hi!One thing I noticed during my last flight with the -800:On the FMC's descend-page, you can see the current FPA, the recommended FPA and the required v/s to stay on the calculated VNAV-path (AFAK).I thought that the v/s and the recommended FPA were also shown during cruise and not only on descend.I watched a video (Goflight, from EGSS to Portugal and back) where the captain showed this page during cruise and explained that the v/s showed at which vertical speed they should descend from the current position to match the 1st alt. constraint in the FMC (was only around 200ft, because they were still far away).Any ideas?Best regards,Stefan

DOn't know about the video. But according to sources during beta testing the V/B, FPA and V/S on DES page only gets active while in the descent phase of flight. Maybe an airline option?Cheers,

Guest Stefan Bergert

could be...though I don't think so. It would be quite good to have the v/s shown in cruise, because when ATC clears you to descend, you can enter exactly the v/s required for your path (if they let you).THanks for your reply, Mats :-) !Stefan