Sign in to follow this  

Help! Imported plan from FS Navigator gives me disco message!

Hello,I created a simple flight plan in FS Navigator, latest version, updated sid/stars etc. for your awesome 737-800It is burbank STAR runway 8 (or 9, forgot, theres only one option)arrival is san jose STAR 30 LI use auto-create after setting my airplane as a 737, cruising altitude, etc.Now I use the PMDG export utility, and load it in the FMC in FS9.... and right then it gives me "disco inserted after AVE"What am I doing wrong??? Thanks!

Getting a DISCO does not necessarily mean something is wrong. You should however check up the flight plan and see if you have any steep turns or double waypoints that can cause this.Hope it helps,

Hi Guys! (Really cracking down on those non signing people :()I always get DISCO's, not because it is bad, but because I put the route in such as DCT CB CULIN V137 SY DCT, which loads as normal. However when you select a SID or STAR the FMC will put it at the very start or end of the route ie. With the route above, it would have the SID entered, and have the next waypoint after that all the way back at CB VOR. Between the SID and your Route it will consequently put a DISCO - note that if doing the SID then returning to CB IS desired, you can just push delete, the push the DISCO line. What you do if it isn't desired (realworld pilots check for DISCO's also) is line select the next desired waypoint after the SID, then enter it on the DISCO line - Hey Presto, Problem Solved ;)I consequently believe that you have a FSNavigator flightplan from departure to arrival, and you then select the SID/STAR. Do the stuff up above and 'She'll be right'.Bye,Geoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.png"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()

I tried that but it still didn't work. In FSNav there are green lines on the left when making a flight plan which I assume shows that the route is planning correctly if each line has a green bar, well those 2 lines don't have green bars. I've downloaded the latest sid/stars, tried inserting the next waypoint again, and nothing. Can somebody help! I have no trouble planning an auto-route from anywhere else except through AVE going to the bay area... help!!!Thanks

The green bars that you are talking about are actually there to signify that it is a sid or a star that has been pulled from fsnav database. If you enter the data in by hand then you will not get those. Again this is not a bad thing. The other thing that you need to look at is whether or not you have fixes in your fsnav flightplan or not. If you do this could be your source of heartache. I try to use intersections that way you know that the points will be in the FMC.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

actually I think it threw a fix in there. So how do I get rid of it since that seems to be the problem? I'm really a FMC newbie and was glad a program like FSNav could do all the work for me... it's unfortunate that I can't fly a flight plan near my home of San Jose because of this problem with AVE

You can do it two ways,1. Go back in to fsnav and delete that fix and then add an intersection in that same area and then export the plan back to the FMC just as you did before using the same name as before and this will overwrite it.2. In the FMC on the legs page simply go to the page with the disconect click the left LSK next to the navaid below the disconnect and then click the lsk with the disconect the one with the boxes. If this lets you fill in the waypoint then you are done. If not then do the same thing again except instead of the LSK with the disconect choose the LSK above the disconect this will move that navaid up to that spot. Always check for disconects prior to starting your flight other wise you may have problems.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO