Sign in to follow this  
Guest merchant

Emergency Exit Lights Unable to Arm

Guest merchant

I am unable to arm the emergency exit lights. After flipping the switch the mouse cursor changes to a plus sign '+' and no matter where I click the cover just closes and the switch does not toggle so the UNARMED light never dissipates and changes to ARMED.The problem exists under FS2002 and FS9. I am using v1.3 under FS2002 and the latest v1.4 with FS9.Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Paul Heaney

That's a little COLD Vin.

And Paul you didn't even help the guy! ;-)Hi mr Nameless (What Vin was trying to subtly hint was that you have to sign your name on your posts)When the safety guard is down, the switch is in ARMED position. When the safety guard is up the switch is in OFF.EDIT: Actually it is impossible to close the guard without getting the switch in ARM in the real thing.HOpe it helps,

Guest merchant

Thanks for pointing out the forum rules as it was my first post since joining last April. Also, the explanation of the emergency exit light is clear but what is the default state when starting from a cold and dark situation.regards,U. Brown

Guest Paul Heaney

Mats, I'd have been happy to help him, but I didn't know the answer.

Hi mr BrownWell. The position of the switch in a cold and dark scenario would be in OFF. But don't let that fool you. It may be in the ARM position as well. Important thing is for you to scan it and if necessary set it to ARM before doing the pre-start checklists. Cheers,

DOH! That should have been:Default state for the emergency lights in cold and dark cockpit is OFF/UNARMED.Roger Curtiss (There...that's better)

Paul... Perhaps YOU and others should be encouraging the folks to follow the rules, instead of chastising the PMDG team and their helpers when they point out the rules of forum posting to newbies (and oldies alike).Vin's posting was in no way "cold" and was as diplomatic as you can get... He even used the word "love" and "Best!"(wishes) in his message. Cheers.Ian.

Guest Paul Heaney

So if I tell you to go *&$*&$ yourself and sign it, LOVE PAUL. then it's ok?It wasn't just the one message, Vin did that a few times, and it's disapointing to see a group so well renouned for their support, to take the "#### on you if you don't sign your name" Attitude.Really a disapointment. Makes a FANTASTIC Product tarnished, with an attitude like that.Thanksfully Rob Randazzo, Pete Sterling and John Tavendale are not like that. My respect to those guys.Best Wishes :)Paul!

Guest merchant

It is good to see everyone being helpful in their own way ;-)Thanks again!Ulysses

"So if I tell you to go *&$*&$ yourself and sign it, LOVE PAUL. then it's ok?"Please read Vincent's message again and you will see there are no signs of impoliteness whatsoever ...and certainly no asterisks, ampersands and dollar signs.Thank you.Cheers.Ian.

Wow... It must be a sign that everyone is doing really well with the product when all we have to flame over is whether or not people should be following the forum rules and that it is bad customer service asking people to do so! ;-)How about we go back to arguing over aviation... a lot more fun! :-)