Sign in to follow this  
petermaxkoller

Anyone with WideView experiance and 737NG

Hi I have a 4-computer network for PC-flying using the programm "WideView" on a server with 4 monitors for the instruments (two for the mainpanel, one for overhead and one for the FMC/pedestal/radio panel), and 3 computers for the outside-view (front-left / front / front-right). This worked very good for the PIC767 and FS2002.Now I changed to FS2004 and 737NG with a small problem:I have to stetch the mainpanel over 2x18-inch monitors. Unfortunatly 737NG has the "whiskey"-compass and a post on the same bitmap as the mainpanel (and I do not use this compass on my stretched panel). So I cut the post and compass away with a graphic program and reallocated the instruments. So I can strech the "rest" of the mainpanel over my 2x18-inch monitors. This all works nice and very good with the "day-illumination", when I switch FS2004 to night, some instruments are located in the wrong place. Is there any special config file for the night-illuminated panel?Peter

Guest mmcevilley

>Hi >>I have a 4-computer network for PC-flying using the programm>"WideView" on a server with 4 monitors for the instruments>(two for the mainpanel, one for overhead and one for the>FMC/pedestal/radio panel), and 3 computers for the>outside-view (front-left / front / front-right). This worked>very good for the PIC767 and FS2002.>>This all works nice and very good with the "day-illumination",>when I switch FS2004 to night, some instruments are located in>the wrong place. Is there any special config file for the>night-illuminated panel?>>PeterPeter,While I am not using WideView, I am running both PIC and PMDG in FS2004 on a setup where I use two monitors for the MIP and one for the FMC/Throttle quad. I use that third panel to also display the overhead and radio stack as necessary.For the MIP, my approach was slightly different than yours. I split the MIP into a left half panel and a right half panel. For the night illumination, I had to carefully position the night panel (which is full-size) over my modified panels. This resulted in large negative offsets for the right half of the MIP.I used Flight Sim Panel Shop for the management and reorganization of gauges and bitmaps - very tedious and sometimes frustrating - but worth the work - my 738 PFD/ND are very close to full size (using a 19" monitor).Note: I also removed the EFIS/MCP and made it a separate window because I am using h/w to control those functions. This allowed me to make the PFD/ND larger on the left half and the EICAS larger on the right half.Hope this helps.-michael

Guest mmcevilley

>Hi Michael>>Thanks a lot. Where can I find "the night panel " ? >>PeterCheck the panel.cfg file and you will see gauges identified as "backlight". There will be one for each of the main panel windows.I'd be interested in following up with you in regards to your use of WideView in FS2004. I have an extra motherboard/processor that I'm about to put to some us and it might as well double as a WideView host. If you don't mind, when you get a chance please send me an email (mcevilley@earthlink.net) and let's talk!Thanks.-michael