Sign in to follow this  
w4fej

800/900 CWS battle

I have a minor problem with the control wheel steering in the 800/900. First off I am using the PFC JetLiner console, JetLiner Yoke and PFC pedals, all connected via serial port, not USB or game port. If I have the auto pilot turned off the plane handles smooth as silk however if I simply turn on the "CMD" button with no other modes selected then I can "feel" what I assume is the CWS fighting the roll axis when I try to make turns. The PFC equipment uses their PFC.DLL module to interface to FS9 and as such does not show up in the "options/controls/joystick" menu selection. Somewhere in the 300+ pages of documentation I have a hefty 3 pound manual!) I thought I saw something about CWS and how to make sure there was no conflict but I have searched untill I'm blue in the face and can't find it again. Anyway to disable CWS? The plane handles so nice without it I wouldn't mind living without it (CWS). By the way, you guys really nailed it with the 800/900, what a pleasure to hand fly an ILS in crappy weather with it. Thanks, Mike B.

Mike,I can't answer your question about the PFC gear, I thad to throw mine away could not handle the serial attachments. I now use CHProducts yoke/pedals, connected via USB.However I don't taxi with the CMD (autopilot) switch engaged EVER. Everything I have read says that you don't engage the AP until you are airborn at least 500 feet AGL. I don't engage the AP until I am at least 1000 feet AGL I am still hand flying the plane at that point. Obvious I don't have the problems that you have stated about difficult steering. Doing things manually with the 737NG has been just great on my setup.I don't know if this helps, but I would not engage the AP until airborn.CheersBob

Lemme get this straight. You gave up PFC gear for CH Products stuff?? Could not handle the serial attachments?? I'm confused, it only takes one serial port for all three devices I have connected..Hmmm.. I am not sure where you got the idea the problem I am experiencing is on the ground?? Control Wheel Steering is NOT for ground handling...Lol.... It is the function where you roll/pitch the plane to some attitude and CWS will maintain that attitude until you either turn it off or roll/pitch to another attitude. It is an autopilot function...Has nothing to do with "ground steering"... Thanks for the reply.. Mike B.P.S. Anyone know how to disable CWS when the CMD function is enabled??