Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Edit Voice Pack and Airports

Let me just start by saying I've read the HTML help document till I'am blue in the face and I still can't make sense of it, at least some of it so thats why I'am here. I have no problem getting everything going, creating sounds, saving, updating, but when it comes to the airport area I'am lost. This next bit of instructions makes no sense to me :The Airport Agent Names node:The airport agent names are used in communication between the "agent" (for example the tower controller) and the pilot. You can not add new agent names - if you try, they will most likely be ignored, but should not give any problems. You can however change or add variations to an existing agent (see details on adding versus modifying below). Right click the node and select Create to add a new item in the list. The ID Text must match the identifier of an existing agent but should not contain the AGENT_NAME prefix.Why can't you add new agent names??. If I add a tower to an existing airport using afcad ( there was no tower to begin with ) why can't I communicate using the proper facility name as apposed to just tower or ground for example ( I have added the different frequencies to the tower in afcad ). Communication works fine, just kind of bland without the facility name.In the instructions above it says you can change or add variations to an existing agent, this part I don't understand. Can anyone make sense of these instructions?? "You can however change or add variations to an existing agent (see details on adding versus modifying below). Right click the node and select Create to add a new item in the list. The ID Text must match the identifier of an existing agent but should not contain the AGENT_NAME prefix."Why would I be right clicking on the node to add a new item (Agent Name), if new agents can't be added????????????---Head banging on desk for hours----. Modifying, what would I be modifying, another agent name, how does that work??I've also read this " (see details on adding versus modifying below). " and can't for the life of me understand what is required.What is the main difference between an "Airport Agent Name Node" and a "Airport ICAO node". It states that one is used for communication between the tower controller and the pilot ( for example ), and the other for perhaps requesting IFR clearence ( for example ). Are these not the same kind of communication within FS2002, how confusing.Any kind of help or guidance with this little gem would be greatly appreciated as my forehead is getting toooo sore.Thanks Muskokap.s. The airport I was trying to add is CNW2 ( Windermere ) in Ontario, Canada. I added a tower with frequencies using afcad.As well, I have de-compiled the usenglishbig.gvp file and the Agent Name wave files are there, the Airport(ICAO) waves are not. This is the same for all variations (voices). Yes, I did try and add them both using the editor, saved and updated.

All I did was open the sample voice pack, then hit update,and it added all those sample voices.What Im a little surprised about though is that there arentany new voices to add yet from the general group here. I donthave the tools to do it, but I would sure love to see suchair lines as Tango, EVA, Go, Germania, etc added. Also liketo see some new aircraft names added like Archer, Goldeneye,etc.This tool has a lot to recommend it. Just surprised there hasntbeen a lot to jump on it yet with new content.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Thanks for replying Eric. I understand that part of the program, updating the planes is not a problem, its the Airports that I'am interested in. I actually got one of my other modified airports to work right once and only once and now its back to nornal, no ATC name. Why or how it worked that one time remains a mystery to me.Muskoka

Guest Firestriker

I added Western for Western Airlines by combining sound bites from West and Eastern with the built-in editor. Seems you just can't add new wav files to the thing and must use combinations of existing sounds that are already in the voicepak. Now flight control and the pilot use Western and the flight number like should be.

Ugh. So thats why I havent seen some neat new adds for thevoices?What would be Nirvana would be to have regional accents onthe voices...such as English in the UK and Asian voices inAsia.one of the "scarier" flying moments I have ever had as a passengerwas listening to Channel 9 on the United flight from Hong Kongto Singapore as the pilots talked to Hanoi ATC asking to be vectored 15 miles east, then west, then east, then west, as they threaded around and thru a monsoon. All went well, but I swear the English those folks in Hanoi spoke was unintelligable. However, I guess as a second language, they do better than I do with Vietnamese!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg