Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

Route Discontinuity in FMC

Hello All -I having trouble with the FMC during my descent/approach phase of flight. After ATC gives me my vectors for approach, I selected the assigned runway in the dep/arr page of the FMC, then follow the heading ATC instructs me to. Now when I view the Progress or Route page of the FMC I receive the Route Discontinuity msg. The approach shows up at the Airport, but if I'm flying away from my next waypoint the ATA and Distance are messed up.I guess my question is, what is the best way to fix this Route Discontinuity? Should I throw a waypoint in before the IAF? Or do I just "Direct-To" my IAF? If so, whats the best way to do that in the FMC? Of course I'm at work, so I dont have my manuals readily available ;) . Thanks!-RobCaptain 737-800/900Delta Virtual Airlines

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

>Hello All ->>I having trouble with the FMC during my descent/approach phase>of flight. After ATC gives me my vectors for approach, I>selected the assigned runway in the dep/arr page of the FMC,>then follow the heading ATC instructs me to. Now when I view>the Progress or Route page of the FMC I receive the Route>Discontinuity msg. >>The approach shows up at the Airport, but if I'm flying away>from my next waypoint the ATA and Distance are messed up.>>I guess my question is, what is the best way to fix this Route>Discontinuity? Should I throw a waypoint in before the IAF? >Or do I just "Direct-To" my IAF? If so, whats the best way to>do that in the FMC? >>>Of course I'm at work, so I dont have my manuals readily>available ;) . >>Thanks!>-Rob>Captain 737-800/900>Delta Virtual Airlines Always insure your Active Waypoint is correct on the upper right corner of the ND.If your on ATC vectors, you just need to contruct a "Direct To" also called a "Intercept Leg To" the FAF, OM or appropriate fix. On the Legs page, line 1L, enter desired waypoint over presently active waypoint or route discontinuity. Now, see the INTC CRS prompt displayed in line 6R? Enter the desired intercept course in the INTC CRS line. Observe the desired course is displayed on line 6R, push the Exec key. Correct any other route discontinuity's by line selecting any appropriate waypoints a moving them up into the box prompts.