Sign in to follow this  
Guest Northy

Navdata

Guest Northy

Hi, Iv'e just downloaded the latest AIRAC cycle 0405,I think,but when I load the FMC the nav data says the AIRAC installed is 0315 or something,why doesn't it show up as the one I've installed.I've installed it to the correct place but still doesent appear correct!Also when I installed the SID/STAR package from this site and installed it to the stated path,my SIDS/STARS all dissapeared!! When I load the aircraft in FS9 it performs the task of loading all the runway,intersection etc,etc from FS9,is this correct?Any help??Thanks and regards,Martin.

I think you should recheck the installatiom once again. Open the ..FMCWP/NAVDATA folder in Fs9 and check the date on the files there. Remember to direct the Aitac installer to you FS root directory. Here's a pic of my structure:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/79434.jpgAlso re-check the SID/STAR installation. Check the date of the files in the ..(FS)/PMDG/SIDSTAR folder. Open one of them and check the header.The task of loading when you start FS is correct.

Guest Buck Bolduc

Martin, here's the best way to install a new airac cycle.Something to be aware of, the installer creates a new FMCWP folder AND a new NAVDATA folder. You end up with a folder within a folder, not good. Also when you install FS9 it creates a FS2000 folder in the Microsoft Games folder.Procedure: Go to C:...Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS9. Look for FMCWP and rename it FMCWPOLD.Then download the PIC/PMDG Airac cycle to a folder of your choice.Use winzip to extract the files to the SAME directory! "Extract to here" Click on the little computer icon, you wont see anything. After you do this you usually have to minimise the window your in, lo and behold you will see the installer ready to go, it was hiding under the window. Before you click on install, click on the browse button "the one with three dots "...". Navigate to root directory of FS9, the installer defaults to FS2000. Click on Install and the installer will create a new FMCWP folder containing a NEW NAVDATA folder in FS9.If you dont follow the steps above the installer creates another FMCWP folder in the NAVDATA folder which was in the original FMCWP folder. This screws up PMDG's FMC, it cant find the correct cycle. It finds the first FMCWP folder which still contains the OLD NAVDATA folder,so it shows the old cycle.By renaming the FMCWP to FMCWPOLD the PMDG FMC disregardes it, it's looking for FMCWP/NAVDATA, if you follow the steps that what it finds. When you launch FS9 and look at the FMC I promise, you will see the correct/new airac cycle.Best

Guest Northy

Hi Buck, Thanks for the reply.I followed your instructions and the Airac cycle installed flawlesly.Thanks for your help.Regards,Martin.

Buck,"If you dont follow the steps above the installer creates another FMCWP folder in the NAVDATA folder which was in the original FMCWP folder."Nope, this is not correct, the installer overwrites the old files IF you follow the instructions as Mats describes. Has always worked for me too, no need for renaming.That said, your description works, and it is correct that the installer create a new FMCWP folder, but only if it cant find one in the root dir of Fs9.

Guest Buck Bolduc

I hate to tell you so, but on my system for whatever reason the installer creates a FMCWP folder in the NAVDATA folder. Does it every time. Apparently the same happens for other users.After following the instructions, I go into C:...Program Files Microsoft GamesFS9FMCWPNAVDATAFMCWPNAVDATA, is what I see?So when I launch the FMC-CDU it reads the fist instance of FMCWPNAVDATA which contains the old cycle.If it worked for me like it seems for some, why would I go thru the bother of doing it the way I do???I was responding to a fellow simmer to try and help him with his problem. He said it worked for him, like it works for me.Nuff said!Regards

Buck,Please, I was only emphasizing the usual procedure for installing Airac, as per instructions on the installer, and what I think work for most people. Think of it as a supplement to your answer.I was NOT arguing your solution in case it didn't work, neither your helping hand to another simmer and neither your intension. If you sensed so, I must really apologize, that was not my intension at all!

Guest Buck Bolduc

No need to apologize. It is indeed a weird thing tho. I dont know if it's something to do with the OS, WinXP Pro or my setup or what? I dont remmember having that problem with Win2K.The only other problem I'v had is FS9 shutting down. After installing it and running X number of times it seems not to want to exit. Have to go to task manager and end task.Your a very good man.Regards