Sign in to follow this  
Guest pmac29

Incorrect vibration readings on EICAS for PMDG 737NG

Guest pmac29

I have the PMDG 737-600 700 800 and 900. However I notice that on the EICAS of the 600 and 700 and maybe the 800 and 900 that the vibrations readings never go past 0.5.Is there a fix to this because i know that those readings should be at about 2 during normal flight.

Guest ba747heavy

I don't know the answer, but forum rules require that you sign your post.Thanks.

Guest pmac29

Sorry im new to thsi forum.

Paul...Thanks for the info.I don't think there were any comments on the vibration indications during beta testing, by pilots and engineers alike, so it was probably assumed that all was well.I've had a look through the Maintenance Manual and can't find any typical values for vibrations at various rpms. Only values over 3 appear to be of any concern.Anyway, I'm looking forward to more comments on this subject (and perhaps some pics or two of the flight deck showing these values). I have so far only seen one photo, but this shows vibe values around 0.8 and 1.0 at 90.5%N1.Cheers.Ian.

Guest EDCS

Hi Floris,I think FF is the fuel flow. Looks normal for Lvel flight.Stefan

Guest alex737ng

Hi,Vibration during normal flight is between 0.1 and higher with a maximum of 4.0 units. This is Fan vibration. Vibration of an engine increases with the engine getting older. Because fan blades and of course the blades of the compressor and turbine wear due to birdstrikes and other material sucked into the engine.At transavia airlines we perform a vibration survey when vibration is reported above 2 units. The maintenance manual says 4 units is the maximum and you have to shutdown the applicable engine.With a vibration survey we perform an engine test run acc. maintenance manual, then we interrogate the Airborn vibration monitor system (AVM). The AVM calculates a solution to reduce the vibration. To reduce vibration we install balance screws. Then we perform the vibration survey again. This means again a test run of the applicable engine. Most of the time the vibration is reduced to 0.1 - 0.5 for idle and for higher power settings. After the testrun we intterrogate the AVM again to see all the values. The AVM records the highest values that are measured.I hope this makes it a little bit understandable.So if you have a vibration of 0.5 you have a great engine!Alex

Guest CFM56_5b

Hi,I usually see on our planes indication of .4 up to 1.2 or so in cruise. We do also report if there are big fluctuations even within the allowed limits. In this way they check the engine and instruments, sensors, etc.Alex, you say wear due to birdstrikes. Do you use same blades after a birdstrike?! I do hope you do not ;)Off to get my daily portion of kerosene sniffing :)

Guest rellehenk

whoops, I knew there was something wrong :DStill great pictures though