Sign in to follow this  
Guest speight

HOW CAN I UNINSTALL LIVERIES

Guest speight

I have tried removing the entries in the aircraft config and the texture folders, but the unwanted aircraft still show on the "SELECT AIRCRAFT" drop-down menu.Does anyone know the correct procedure?

I've had this too happen to me. On the earlier 600/700 NG series. I can still not find the entry in aircraft.cfg that causes it, so I gave up. If you do find it, please post the fix. I thought I just lost it, so it's good to see that at least someone else has lost it too :)Thanks,Bruce.

Guest KL204

To delete liveries, do the next.For example we delete KLM.Delete the "texture.klm" folder, than open your aircraft.cfg file.Scroll down till you have the (fltsim.#) section concerning the KLM livery. Delete the (fltsim.#) section. After this you have to renumber the (fltsim.#) sections after the one you've deleted. Otherwise the rest of your liveries don't show up.Hope this is clear.Cees

Hi Cees,This is what I thought I had done (I'm at work right now so can't confirm). It made me think that the reference to the unwanted livery must be somewhere else as well as the aircraft.cfg in the aircraft folder. In my case, the unwanted texture was installed into a very early version of the NG (I guess version 1, back when we were dealing with lots of issues on anti-piracy with this product).Actually- I know that I'm right in my assumption above. I have actually un-installed the NG with the PMDG-provided uninstaller, deleted any remnants of the NG folder in the FS9 Aircraft folder, re-installed version 3, and it's still there in the a/c selection in FS9- it has no texture, but the plane appears (bare) when selected. I've never tried to fly it.Wierd?Bruce.