Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Suggested features list for New PMDG 747

Guest A32X

Hi,After the success of the NG I'm sure the 747 is going to be amazing! Here are some features I'd love to see;1. Photo-realistic panels/perspectives. (something like D****fleet.)2. An aircraft icing engine. (I think you can now display ice accumulating on the windscreen in Gmax now.)3. A high fidelity failures engine. (E.g. Compressor stalls with associated bangs, yaw and vibration! etc ...)4. A virtual co-pilot! (Comes in very handy flying online when the work load is high for checklists etc. I think PIC2 has the right idea with a real co-pilot! And networked gauges)5. A flight planning/Operations utility (Download current weather, NOTAM's, download atlantic charts, plan diversions etc just like what real world pilots must do. Planning the flight is half the fun. ;-))If anyone else has any suggestions post them below; I'm sure PMDG won

Guest Northy

Hi Paul,yea,some good ideas there.I like the virtual co-pilot idea,I remember owning Proflight 2000 for Fs2000 where you could engage a virtual co-pilot to handle all the radio changes and other things,it made life a lot easier when taking off and landing when ATC got busy,as Proflight added ATC to your simulation.Also if your flying a 747,theres a fair chance that your flying a long haul flight,you could engage the virtual co-pilot to handle changes while you had a rest,instead of sitting infront of the pc for ten hours!Also the flight planning utillity would be cool,again with Proflight you could get weather information for your next waypoint enroute,which made it far more realistic.Regards,Martin.

Liking all of those! :D Might be a bit tricky / system intensive though.Geoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.png"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()

Yeah I like the sound of Photorealistic panel views!Cheers,Alex Macdonald

I love photoreal too but Marc has done such an incredible job on the 744's panel that I think most will be very impressed regardless. If you look at the 800-900 panel, take that to a higher level of detailing (marks, chips-shading etc) it truly looks fabulous, good enough to break my not being here for a while pledge ;-)Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest A32X

In my opinion it's a shame you haven't gone photo-real but I guess I can't pass judgement till I see what's on offer.Also I just thought of another point.6. Ability to print off a load sheet (Probably under the load manager after loading.)Paul

And about the B744, it doesn't matter if it's photoreal or not. I just want a very good cockpit with most realism as possible by PMDG. :)See you later, I'm of to my airplane now.

Guest kavan2

1. Also some way of importing, converting, flight plans from the FS flight planner in to the FMC from the FMC without having to leave fs dragg and drop the plans on to the PLN to RTE utility. Also an export function back in to the FS flight planner from the FMC once SIDS /STARS have been added so that the flight plan can be filed with the default ATC (yes some of us still use it!...:)cos at the moment with the NG you cant fly a SID and have ATC cover.2. WXR weather radar would be nice(long shot i know but it is a wish list after all!)3. Elevator droop with hydrolic systems off.4. Wing flex with turbulance as well as takeoff.5. PMDG inbuilt pushback function.Kavan.

Guest A32X

A PMDG inbuilt pushback function would be great, maybe have a ground controller to talk to.I'd also like a PICv1 style adventure/failures utility.Paul

Oh I didn't even mention anything like that! Good point Paul - always wanted a proper pushback thing (including tug) and a ground controller (with voices from other countries besides US - go JT :)). Maybe also lights that flash in the asymetric way (don't ask me what this means, just heard someone say they weren't the same flashyiness as the readl deal).Cheers,Geoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.png"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()

Guest kavan2

>>5. A flight planning/Operations utility (Download>current weather, NOTAM's, download atlantic charts, plan>diversions etc just like what real world pilots must do.>Planning the flight is half the fun. ;-))>Yes this is a great idea maybe also have a load editor and fuel planner incorporated into an all in one utility some way of finding the average wind speed and direction for what ever weather you have via fsuipc like activesky and an initial flight level based on the aircrafts own fmc calculations and ZFW to avoid the catch 22 situation that exists at present where you need the fuel on board to get the optimum flight level data out of the fmc but to get the fuel amount accurate you need a flight level! ....All this in to one package/utility where you pick your aircraft variant from the menu,load edit it,import or make the flight plan (then based on the weather you have at the time it will calculate the wind speed and direction at each waypoint including alternates find the averages , and use them to calculate the fuel required plus the other usaul vuel burn variables ie;taxi time holding time ,extra fuel etc..etc... and press the button to load the fuel direct in to the aircraft , you should also then get your optimum flight level.Finaly an export option to export it back in to fs flight planner for atc purposes. i know it sounds complicated but it would be the ideal solution to the process, and save a lot of time such a utility would be a great asset and selling point for the product PMDG!! as no body else has come up with one and the market is crying out for itKavan.