Sign in to follow this  
Guest georg

The descend and speed

Guest georg

Heya guys,I'm flying with 800 almost every day now and I'm every time when I descend wondering more and more that is the slowdown of a 737-800 really so hard? I mean that when descending from cruise FL to some lower like FL100 and then below (speed limit goes to 250 then), it slows down real slowly from FL200 even with spoilers fully up and you cant have a descend rate over 1700-1800 fpm with spoilers up if you dont want to go over the limit. I thought that something just has to be wrong with it, it has to be possible to slow the lady down a bit faster and keep it on set speed even with a descend. When I have visited some flights in cockpit, they are not using full spoilers all the time when descending below FL100 lol... and they can still keep the correct speed.Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Guest Zapper

Hi Georg,Mate I need some more info from you so that I can help.What FMA annunciations do you have? How have you set up teh FMC DES and LEGS page? Do you have speed/alt restirctions in place etc?I strongly suggest you use the Auotpilot and replicate teh problem.. this takes your control inputs out of the loop and means I can tell what the aircraft is doing. Take it from me that when you fly teh PMDG using real world procedures it flies like the real aeroplane.ATB,

Guest georg

I have tried actually with all modes. The main point is that the whole thing seems to be like slipping too well in the air :D. It just needs a lot of airbraking when trying to take a rate over 1600 fpm and below FL100 with a limit let's say 220 knots. Im not sure if it needs so hard braking in real. Though I made a best flight in my life today, I started the descend nicely and the good Heathrow ATC in VATSIM was professional and I didnt have to apply too big vertical speed so it made up nicely.