Sign in to follow this  
gbalean

A Question for the Forum

Hi All,As you may know (question coming), I traverse this forum fairly often and consider it a sort of virtual home, which is why I post this question here as opposed to anywhere else - this forum also has a lot of knowledgeable people in it also.Here goes (please advise if really in unsuitable spot):Does anyone experience problems with SquawkBox and it failing very often?When I get ready to fly online I get everything set up, start FS and load the PMDG 737, then start SBHost. When it comes to starting SquawkBox however, it starts and you enter your name and enter the IP for your computer and select SBRelay session. However when you click join, it seems that the first time you turn the computer on on the day (it sounds crazy, it is crazy) it comes up with an error box error such and such, and hangs SBHost and FS as well. The only way to get it to go is to restart and try again, when it usually works. This drives me crazy as it takes an hour to get everything set up to realworld precision, and I'm only complaining about it now because someone else I know in my VA is experiencing the same problems.If anyone can help me solve this problem, I will be eternally greatful! At first I thought it was something to do with starting other programs like FSBuild, Activesky and ServInfo first, but even without them it fails. I do however suspect that it might have something to do with Zonealarm (which i shut down [have dmz and hardware firewall though ;)] but next time i reboot I quickly shut down while it is loading) or McAfee virus Scan.This problem has occured for ages, so I guess I sort of got used to being frustrated with it.Thankyou all :D,Geoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.png"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()

*bump* Please read :DGeoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.png"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()

The way I set it up is first start my ISP then start FS9 set up a flight on the ground then I start SBRelay after it tells me to connect I go back in to FS9 join a multiplayer and choose SBRelay. I then go to SB Host and then SB select TCP/IP search 127.0.0.1 and then join SBRelay when it shows up. I conect to SB and then I start up my periferals, AI Bridge, FSmetar, Servinfo, FStimekeeper. I then set up my flight in FS and I never have any problems maybe try and switch around your proceedure and that may solve it.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

I have the following procedure which seems to work quite well :) start FS in windowed mode (anyway because of other problems) SBRelay, sbhost, saitek profiler, etc etc and only then start squawkbox.exe from the filemanager, before giving name or other infos close the filemanager so you see FS in the background and the SB box in foreground. At this point you just go on in the SB startup sequence.. Hope it works :) Bye, Luca

Greetings again,I'll give it a go, but I have tried all combinations of starting SBRelay, the other programs I mix and match without much thought. Basically I turn off Zonealarm / McAfee which I think might be half the problem (when u have my version of ZA on, FS hangs when searching for multiplayer game and can't even when FS given full rights) then go into FS and wait for PMDG to load, load SBrelay, join SBrelay, Create the flight, Start SBHost, attempt to start SB.Thanks for your comments so far ;)Geoffrey BaleanCanberra, AU (YSCB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg http://www.vozvirtual.org/images/pmdgforumsignature.png"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. All is well!"Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, P4G8X Deluxe with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet, 512MB RAM, LG Flatron L1710S 17" LCD, GeForce MX440 Millenium Silver, Creative Soundblaster Audigy, Logitech Speakers, CH Yoke & Rudder, Quantum Fireballp AS30.0 - Basically nothing crash hot :)MSFS 2004 acof, PMDG 737 6/7/8/900, Activesky 2004, Flight One Cessna 152, SquawkBox 2.3 w/ guage, ServInfo 2.2, FS AutoStart, FS Real Time, FSUIPC 3.212 (unreg.:()