Sign in to follow this  
Guest Popart

Overhead panel on second monitor?

Guest Popart

I have been experiencing with a second monitor lately and basically I want my overhead panel on it. I can drag the overhead panel to it, but then the view on my main monitor gets cut in half! I can resize the view to normal, but the viewpoint from the main panel is just too high this way. Anyone did this with succes? How can this be done?Thanks,Arthur Deelen.

Arthur,What do you mean with "the view on the main monitor gets cut in half"? If you mena the outside view this is normal. You are missing the main panel though and if you have the -800/900 you should check the Use MULTI-MONITOR support in the PMDG|737NG|Styles menu under the tab Various.If you are meaning the total view including panel I'm at a total loss. Probably a driver issue but can't be sure. Some screenshots would be good.I have the overhead panel on a second monitor as well as the CDUs and the throttle pedestal. This is working like a charm. I have two 19" set at 1280x960x16 but if you have two different sized monitors you should try to set the resolution differently to account for the different sizes. Hope it helps,

Guest Popart

Thanks Mats,Before posting a screenshot let me say I don't have the 800/900 upgrade yet. It is missing the main panel indeed and it is possible for me to resize the outside view to full screen again, BUT after this the forward viewpoint in the aircraft isn't accurate anymore (too high). Is there a workaround? Perhaps some lines in the panel.cfg?In the 600/700 there isn't an option to use multi-monitor support ;( If screenshots are still needed just let me know.Arthur Deelen.

Arthur.Don't resize anything! The view you are seeing is infact what you see when you have the main panel visible as well. After opening up and moving the overhead press SHIFT+2 to get your main panel to show again. Voil

Guest Popart

Okay, I'll give it a shot. Thanks sofar :-yellow1