Sign in to follow this  
oskrypuch

erase FMC plan, how?

I was trying to clear out the FMC plan.I tried clearing the dep/arr airports, but it wouldn't let me clear the departure airport.Is there a way to completely clear the FMC, without closing FS9 down?* OrestOrest SkrypuchBrantford, ON, Canada

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Guest ba747heavy

Press RTE, go to Page 1/whatever, press DEL, and then click LSK1. That should delete the route, arrival, and departure airports. The PERF data remains unchanged.

>Press RTE, go to Page 1/whatever, press DEL, and then click>LSK1. That should delete the route, arrival, and departure>airports. The PERF data remains unchanged.Well, that is the logical thing, I did try that and I got "invalid entry" or some such.Curiously, when I tried it just now from a clean start, it worked fine. So the FMC must have been farkled somehow.BTW, EXCELLENT tutorial, thanks a lot for making that available!While I have you, a couple of questions.Q1) When you are on approach, the g/s and cdi indicator marks will flash yellow several times for a couple of seconds or so, and then go back to normal. What does that mean?Q2) When following VNAV down, even with an approach runway defined and a STAR set, the legs all showing fine in the PMDF FMC, I find that almost always I end up coming down hot & high. Need to drop the plane and bleed off speed with spoilers, and not just a little bit. If you follow the3x + 10 rule manually, never such a problem. Any simple answer? There are no significant tailwinds.

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

HiI'll try to answer at least your first QQ1. The yellow flashing localiser and glideslope deviation bars flash at 400 feet and is a test done by the autopilot in 2 channel mode.Q2. VNAV is rarely used in the final approach segment. Use V/S for finetuning the descent. THere's a lot of questions even amongst the real NG driver community about VNAV. It's not always crystal clear what it will do or not. If your not sure what VNAV is about to do, switch to a mode you feel you have control oveer and continue.Hope it helps,

Guest NBL648

Hi Fred, I also have the problem of not being able to clear the FMC....even when I get the end of flight message. I tried again last evening using the method you posted, it gave me "PROGRAM ERROR" as the message in the scratch pad. I have tried variuos ways to clear the flight plan and none appear to work. Only a reload of the aircraft or a reboot of flight sim clears it. I also have the temp update installed.Best,Paul M."Big Sky---Little Bullet"---For All Other Impediments There's TCAShttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Hi guys,I'm a little baffled as to why you can't make it work. I've tried this a lot of times without even one glitch.- Navigate to the first page of the ROUTE pages. The one with DEP and ARR airport codes and COROUTE on it.- Make sure the scratch pad is empty- Press the DEL key on the CDU keyboard- DELETE should now be visible in the scratch pad- Press the 1LSK L. This is corresponding to the DEP ICAO code on the route page. This will clear your route.Hope it helps,

Guest ba747heavy

Curious. Am I to assume that you try clearing your route after flying a route and landing? I hardly ever fly multiple segments in a row like that, but if I do recall correctly I have been able to delete the route.

Fred,Is your question aimed towards me or Paul? The thread is indicating it's towards me!If to me I have to admit I've never tried it after a END OF ROUTE message.CHeers,

Guest ba747heavy

No Mats, it wasn't directed at you. I clicked the wrong 'Reply' button.

Guest NBL648

It would be after "END OF ROUTE" is displayed. I have many flights in the one hour range either out and back or follow on legs. I haven't ever been able to do a clear route after landing without either reloading the 737 or reloading flight sim. FS-9 in my case. On longer flights it isn't a problem because I usually only fly one route at a sitting.Best,Paul M."Big Sky---Little Bullet"---For All Other Impediments There's TCAShttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg